Returning to work as a receptionist - how long did you wait after hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Returning to work as a receptionist - how long did you wait after hysterectomy? Returning to work as a receptionist - how long did you wait after hysterectomy?

Unread 09-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Returning to work as a receptionist - how long did you wait after hysterectomy?

Hi Sisters.

I've seen many posts about returning to work but they aren't as detailed as I would like.

I'm having a TLH on 10/4/16. I work full time as a receptionist and part time as a massage therapist.

I am very aware that returning to massage will be a lengthy wait.

My question is for my receptionist job were I literally sit all day (I can get up and walk and whatever is necessary) and answer the phone maybe 5 times and actually see 3 people a day.

In your experience, do I still need to wait 4-6 weeks to return to that job?

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Re: Returning to work as a receptionist - how long did you wait?

That varies great.y from person to person, and dr to dr. I had tah/bso, and my dr told me at my 2 week post op that I could go back whenever I felt ready. My job involved lots of walking, standing and sitting. I felt up to it at 2 weeks, but was already replaced on the schedule, so I went back at 3. I was dying to go back as I was bored, and it was fine.
Unread 09-06-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kah1605 View Post
My question is for my receptionist job were I literally sit all day (I can get up and walk and whatever is necessary) and answer the phone maybe 5 times and actually see 3 people a day.

In your experience, do I still need to wait 4-6 weeks to return to that job?
It's good how you're thinking this through with an eye toward what you might not be able to do.

My personal experience: I have a part-time desk job, 4-5 days a week 6 hours a day. With a textbook laparoscopic surgery and healing going well, I was okay'd to return to work after 2 weeks at reduced hours (4 hours) on the short post-Memorial Day weekend. It was more exhausting than I'd figured, and my back took the brunt of it. Sitting requires a LOT of ab stability, which we don't have after this type of surgery. I kept reduced hours Week 3, and sometime during week 4 I felt like I was turning the corner on energy and mental acuity. If I had to hit the rewind button, I'd wait out 3 weeks, and still keep the reduced hours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2016, 01:58 PM

I went back to a part-time desk job at four weeks with restrictions on lifting 30-40 lb boxes in the archives area. I could have gone back at three weeks except that my commute was a mile and a half walk. I wanted to be sure I could do the walk and still have enough energy to get work done once I got there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register