natural HRT verses PILL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

natural HRT verses PILL natural HRT verses PILL

Unread 06-25-2008, 06:14 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

I am a big believer in natural remedies and I would love to find a natural supplment to take instead of the pill, or the patch or the pregestorone cream. So have any of you found any natural remedie that you would recommend? any books or liknks I can go to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2008, 05:36 AM
natural HRT verses PILL

My Aunt has been taking Black Cohosh, instead of taking hormones. And she's been taking it for the last 10 yrs or so. She suggested I try it, she said it helps control hot flashes and night sweats and also doesn't make you grow any facial hair. Which is a worry of mine.. Vain I know but it happens. I ordered some and I'm going to start taking it once it gets here next week. If it works, I'll let you know and give you the website I found it on.
Unread 06-26-2008, 05:48 AM
natural HRT verses PILL

I do have a book suggestion for you.

"What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" by Dr John Lee.

There is alot of good information.

You may also want to check our forum No Hormone Oasis

Here is another suggestion:

Hot Flash Cocktail

• 400 IU vitamin e (mixed d-tocopherols)
• 500-600 mg calcium citrate with 400 IU vitamin d
• 200 mg magnesium citrate
• 500 mg vitamin c with bioflavonoids
• Omega-3 fatty acids (equivalent of 360 mg DHA & 240 mg EPA)

The hard thing with naturals is that it is trial and error to find out what works best for you.

Best of luck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

I actually contacted my acupucturist and she perscribed a Chinese Herb treatment I just ordered it and am waiting to try it out. I need something I can't stop crying and feel so hot like I am going to pass out. So as soon as I try it I will let you all know the name and how it works...
Unread 06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

have you looked into bioidentical hormones? my neighbor tried the standard hrt with her dr and felt terrible. she had to travel out of state to find someone to help her with bioidenticals and she looks and feels wonderful.
be careful with herbal treatments if you have any medical conditions or take any medications..they can have negative affects. some cannot be mixed with certain medications.
Unread 06-30-2008, 03:24 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

There really isn't anything that is "natural". Even supplements are not "natural" in the true sense of the word. Supplements should not be considered a replacement for hrt. While some might help with some of the symptoms of menopause, they should not be considered a replacement.

One thing to keep in mind is that you are still very early post op. Some symptoms during this point in your recovery are quite common.

You can read more about hormones in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com

I do hope the chinese herbs help with your symptoms. I've been seeing an accupuncturist for 5 years now.

Unread 07-03-2008, 07:17 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

I sort of feel the same way about any type of meds. The only thing I take besides vitamins is generic effexor for depression/panic attacks. I hate even being on that. So if my ovaries are removed I might try the natural route first as well.

I'm sure you guys have heard about S. Sommers book she put out about bio-identical hormones. She says she feels great on them, maybe trial and error before finding the right one since we're all different.

We moved and I need to find another chiropractor, really helps with my neck/back.
Question...I've never had accupuncture before, was wondering how it compares to chiropractic? Does it really work? Always been curious..

Thanks
Ruth
Unread 07-20-2008, 06:18 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

I will look to see if I can find S. Sommers book. do you know what its called
Unread 07-20-2008, 10:25 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

One is called Ageless, and The Sexy Years.

I couldn't remember so I did a quick search (top of page)and found posts here about her/books.
Unread 07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
natural HRT verses PILL

You have to remember some books are just the opinion of the author. Not always what is best. The Lee book is just all about prog. Says it is good for everything. Not true. I have talked about it with my doctor. You have to just read and then ask your doctor. I like the book by Dr. Susan Love. A balanced view.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register