Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

My doctor said that this is completely normal. This is one of the most uncomfortable things I've experienced but completely normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM

I had those pains too, what worked best for me was when I figured out which movements made the "burn". After I got that figured out I made a point to try to support my tummy right over the burning spot whenever I moved that way. The burn usually was slighter, or nonexistant.
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:53 PM

speaking of the burning sensation, does anyone ever get that tingling sensation on their skin. It's the exact same sensation as when you go to the dentist and they make your mouth numb to do dental work, and then a couple hours later, it starts to wear off... you know that feeling when your feeling is coming back, but your skin on your face feels so tingly....

Anyway, I also have that feeling all over my abdomen. it's SOOOOO weird. I get the burning sensation for sure, too, but that is inside.... but I also get that tingling sensation on my skin. I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this? (I'm 3 weeks 5 days post-op today).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 12:08 PM

I totally have the numb feeling on my abdomen. It is such a weird feeling. The doctor said it could last for a year.

Wessa
Unread 03-01-2008, 03:51 AM
yes...i have too:)

Hello sleepyhude:
I had a TAH on 10/18/2007; after about 6-8wks post-op, most of the severe pain had gone, but I had a searing pain in my lower left abdomen as well. I was very afraid & thought something was wrong on the inside. That pain f i n a l l y f a d e d between 60-90 days post-op. I can only estimate because I suddenly realized one day, the pain was gone; I had been accustomed to it. My inner suspicions turned to be true; it was a part of the healing process. So, in Jan, I was finally pain free Hold on...it gets better Much love
  Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhude
Hello,
I had my TAH on Feb.11,2008. I made the decision to have the surgery because I had 2 fibroids and excessive bleeding. I first chose to have HER OPTION first but after 4 months I knew it didn't work for me. I am recovering okay but with one big question.! I am experiencing a burning, almost a tearing sensation in my lower left abdomen. It usually occurs when I try to stand up. Dr. says it is a nerve (in the fascia) probably pinched when being sutured. He assures me it will go away. I completely trust this Dr.,as I have known him for 15 years or so. But last night was the worst, it wouldn't subside for about half an hour. Does anyone here know of what I am talking about? How do I handle the pain???? Thank you in advance!
Unread 03-01-2008, 04:54 PM

Thanks so much for this thread and everyone who has contributed to it.

I'm at 3 1/2 wks post op after TAH+BSO and I've had quite a bit of discomfort in the last 3 days - the burning and aching (on my left side). No fever though.

So with all the comments here, I think I can bide my time and keep taking my pain meds (a strong NSAID in the daytime and ibuprofen w/ codeine at night), I can deal with it. Just hope I don't get hooked on the night meds! They are OTC here

Thanks again. I'd be a basket case w/out this site!
Unread 03-01-2008, 05:25 PM

The burning pain is starting to subside for now. The DR. gave me some new meds to try. I, too, can usually tell what positions are going to start the burning pain. I also feel tingling on my skin when I touch a certain area. I have numbness underneath incision, feels a little weird, but am adjusting to it. I ventured out today with DH. We went shopping and just driving around seeing the new sights going on around since I have been out. I can finally sleep on my sides without too much trouble,so I have been getting some more sleep. I sleep about 2 hrs. at a time. I have been feeling much better though overall, hopefully it will last. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Unread 03-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Did I over do it???

Good morning all. Been a little while since I was last here. Question, this morning I found I was spotting! I will tell you that this week and last, I felt like I was experiencing light cramps as though I was about to have my period which I had to remind myself was no longer possible. Physically I was working a bit stronger, as I am a LMT, I did remember waking up after a nap on one day feeling as though I had fire in my abdomen. As I work I do tighten my stomach muscles to do deep tissue work.

Do you think I bust/or torn something?
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:37 AM

Hi fld,
I am not sure if you have done something or not. It could be you did overdo,but I would put in a call to Dr.,it wouldn't hurt. I hope you are doing well otherwise. I am sorry I don't have much info for you as I am a newbie to all this myself, lol. Have a great day!!
Unread 03-03-2008, 02:31 PM

Thanks for sending love sleepyhude Every little drop fills the cup

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register