Crazy question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crazy question Crazy question

Unread 01-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Crazy question

Hello again

I was just curious if any of you gals were able to make their bed when they got home from the castle.

Thanks
Chrissy

TAH/BSO 1/16/03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Crazy question

Don't you make that bed....you stay in that bed!

Seriously though...to make a bed, you have to bend. That was one of the no nos my doctor gave me.

Please take care of yourself.

s,
Pam
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Not me!!

An admirable thought, for sure! However, I was just doing good to be able to get in and out of the thing for the first little while.

Joseele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Crazy question

Don't you make that bed....you stay in that bed!

Seriously though...to make a bed, you have to bend. That was one of the no nos my doctor gave me.

Please take care of yourself.

s,
Pam
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:32 AM
absolutely no bedmaking!

Don't do as I did on this one. Dh was a bit slow one day changing my sheets and I decided to do this myself. Too much stretching for sure. And square corners, best to be left to Martha Stewart post-op.

Just exercise your brief reign and ask the nearest peon for clean sheets. And I think more frequent changing is ideal since I spent a heckuva lot of time lounging, eating and petting kitties in bed post op. Nothing worse than a snootful of cat fur!
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Crazy question

Chrissy -
With your TAH, I would say you definitely won't be up to the task when you get home. If you try, you'll spend days recovering from the effort, if you don't pass out from exhaustion first Then you might end up with only a half made bed!!

Good luck!
Babster
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:53 AM
Crazy question

I like you spent today looking at my bed since I decided to relocate to the recliner, and was thinking of fixing it up a bit. Then I thought if I start now I won't stop so I just shut the door and went my recliner. I am feeling better than I expected but I don't want to do anything to jepordize it. Take care and enjoy the pampering time.
Kim
TAH/BSO adhesions, endo and ando
Unread 01-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Crazy question

Hiya!

I am a week and a half post op (tah), and we have a big king-size bed. I didn't sleep in our bed for the first 5 days or so as my dh had me set up in our den/guest room.

We have a big comforter and sheets on our big bed, and it's my habit to make the bed every morning. I tried to pull the comforter up and move the pillows around a couple days ago, and it pulled quite a bit. So I didn't do a good job! It feels good to try to slip back into my real life again, so I figure a lousy job is better than no job at all right now!

My dh changed the sheets on my get well bed while I was in the shower. It felt good to climb in a clean bed with my cat and my little dog. They appreciated it, too!!

Unread 01-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Crazy question

Hiya!

I am a week and a half post op (tah), and we have a big king-size bed. I didn't sleep in our bed for the first 5 days or so as my dh had me set up in our den/guest room.

We have a big comforter and sheets on our big bed, and it's my habit to make the bed every morning. I tried to pull the comforter up and move the pillows around a couple days ago, and it pulled quite a bit. So I didn't do a good job! It feels good to try to slip back into my real life again, so I figure a lousy job is better than no job at all right now!

My dh changed the sheets on my get well bed while I was in the shower. It felt good to climb in a clean bed with my cat and my little dog. They appreciated it, too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register