Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2017 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2017

Unread 03-01-2017, 07:08 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2017

2 weeks here. Seems like we are all missing regular clothes , stretching and I will add sleeping on my side.... Is anyone still having a hard time and taking stool softeners? I noticed if I don't drink smove move tea I can't go. The pain is horrible. How much longer until I am regular?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2017, 07:10 AM

I also had my TAH on Feb 14 .
Everyday is Alittle better.
Have a lot of soreness in my lower right abdomen, some burning sensation there also.
I've been wearing pj pants . Last night I put on underwear , and was surprised that the little bit of pressure relieve the pressure feeling I was having in my lower abdomen ,just above my incision . My Steri strips are falling off, which I don't like .
Hope you continue to feel better daily .
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 13-Feb 19,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaPocono View Post
2 weeks here. Seems like we are all missing regular clothes , stretching and I will add sleeping on my side.... Is anyone still having a hard time and taking stool softeners? I noticed if I don't drink smove move tea I can't go. The pain is horrible. How much longer until I am regular?
I take my stool softeners faithfully everyday with my other vitamins twice a day. I guess I didn't want to be in a bad uncomfortable situation and force myself to have a bowel movement, and risk myself on busting stitches. And since I take them twice a day, I go a couple of times a day, which is good for me. Whereas before my surgery I didn't go like that at all. With the stool softeners you will have a regular bm anyway. You have to drink plenty of water. And eat things that has fiber in it. Which I really don't at times. But I do eat a fiber bar and drink a cup of coffee every morning.
Unread 03-01-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslonda01 View Post
Oh how I miss stretching and I look forward to the day when I can stretch fully again. It has always been soothing and relaxing for me. But we have to be mindful of out our stitches. Wishing you the best of luck.
Oh yes, stretching. I miss it! I do this weird thing where I stand up and then bend over at the waist and stretch my arms and legs by make sure my abdomen stays put. My husband is always like "what is happening right now?"
Unread 03-01-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsoul318 View Post
I take my stool softeners faithfully everyday with my other vitamins twice a day. I guess I didn't want to be in a bad uncomfortable situation and force myself to have a bowel movement, and risk myself on busting stitches. And since I take them twice a day, I go a couple of times a day, which is good for me. Whereas before my surgery I didn't go like that at all. With the stool softeners you will have a regular bm anyway. You have to drink plenty of water. And eat things that has fiber in it. Which I really don't at times. But I do eat a fiber bar and drink a cup of coffee every morning.
Right after surgery I was SO backed up and took the stool softener twice daily. I actually have a rectocele and on day 4 I had a blockage so bad I had to wear gloves and help that resolve- ugh. Still hard stool after that until Monday. I've had diarrhea for 2 days and I'm not sure why, but the cramping is not helping the pain.
Unread 03-01-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaPocono View Post
Hi AniaPocono!!

I still take my stool softeners every morning and I plan on doing that until I stop taking meds. If I don't take my pain meds I have pain when bladder gets full or I pass gas. Today I will only take ibuprofen to see if this can handle the discomfort
Unread 03-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebert88 View Post
Going for my two week follow up this morning.
My recovery has had a few blips. On day 6, I had an alarming phone call and stood up abruptly. A little discomfort but nothing bad. The next day I developed a rash - allergic reaction (common for me, dr gave me a steroid pack). Day 8 I noticed a lump under one incision (lower middle one). It wasn't painful so I put it on the list of questions for my follow up appointment. Yesterday late afternoon I had a lot of pain in my abdomen. I debated whether to call the dr, but my follow up is in the morning, so I tough it out. After much research, I'm suspecting that I have a hernia.
I'm so thankful I found some articles on this site that has eased my mind on that subject! Even if it means an additional surgery, I'm hopeful it won't delay my recovery too much.

NO HERNIA! I'm so relieved. I also have IBS, so we're thinking that's what the pain was yesterday. I haven't had a bad bout like that in years. I'm still sore from it. The lump is tissue from where they cleaned up scarring from the c-section. That swelling will go down eventually.
Praying for all our recoveries.
Big hugs to all.
Unread 03-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Re: Hysterectomy & Belly Button Hernia Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyLime View Post
Had a laparoscopic hysterectomy & belly button hernia repair done on 17th...

First week was fantastic-didn't realize I was pumped up on meds but have had a low grade fever since Sunday & feel like I have no energy whatsoever. My head hurts worse than anything else. No redness at incision sites

But noticed a stink from down under starting Sunday-yuck!
It is so good to meet you dear . . . We are excited to have you join us. I am sorry you have a low grade fever . . . please watch it very closely and call you doctor if it gets over 101. It sounds like you have the crud that seems to be going around everywhere but please be careful . . . we don’t want you to have any complications from your surgery. Vaginal odor can be unsettling and scary . . . it often happens the first few weeks after surgery. If it is a strong fishy smell with a discharge, please contact your doctor. If you have a concern and are unsure about anything in your recovery, please don't hesitate to contact your doctor . . . It is better to err on the side of caution.

When to Call Your Doctor

Vaginal Odor after Hysterectomy

Remember we are here for you dear.
Unread 03-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Hi, I had my hysterectomy on the 13th. So, I'm a little late getting started here, I didn't realize it was this much of a community site. I'm fighting with a problematic knee at the same time and have to go for an MRI soon for that. My first real trip out of the house was to the orthopead yesterday. My pain is much improved from initial levels. My incisions are healing but I had scratched off some of the "glue" in the night one night and they were SORE.

My main problem (other then on-going fits of constipation) is that I stil have days where I am just EXHAUSTED. I think maybe it's that I feel better and do too much in one day and then feel like a weak kitten the next. Trying to pace myself... Hope everyone else continues to recover well and I'm glad to have found this site.
Unread 03-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Anybody else feeling very listless and tired as late as day #16? My pain isn't bad when I'm sitting or lying down so maybe I'm not moving around enough, resulting in being so tired?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register