Insurance ok'd it ALL! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insurance ok'd it ALL! Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Unread 02-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Plant Lady and T,
I hope you both get the answers from the insurance this week! I would hate having to reschedule just due to idiots at the insurance company!

Ann, thanks for the post. I am getting a little nervous about the surgery. 5 weeks from today!! Yikes! I have been buying things for the castle as well as starting to make plans for the kids/house/husband! LOL hugs Raymo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Raymo,
I will have my surgery insurance cert. or not. I believe they will certify it...I will find out Friday. I am 29 days out...almost exactly 4 weeks. I was supposed to go next tuesday (2/21) the new date works better for me in terms of Short Term Dis, and FMLA stuff. I'll keep you informed. I haven't even started buying stuff for the CASTLE yet...maybe next week.
Unread 02-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Tamque,
You go to the castle 6 days before me! I can't wait!!!! We can keep each other company in the long wait before hand! I hope you get your insurance news this friday for sure! Hugs Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Hey Alaskasister!

Be sure to check on out-of-pocket medical cost deductions on your taxes also. I know it's not much help when you're trying to pay but may ease your tax burden a bit. My DH was in a motorcycle accicent in 2003 and for the tax year of 2004 we got a deduction for the (large) amount of out-of-pocket expenses we had that year. Something to think about - I'm not sure what that tax laws are in Alaska. In any case, lots of luck to you, I hope all goes well!
Unread 02-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Thanks Raymo!
I was reading your thread this morning and until then I really didn't know that I should check out to make sure the insurance approved the surgery. I thought that it was the secretaries job at the doctor's office. I called the office this morning and the secretary said that she thought they recieved something and looked. Apparently she didn't and said she would call the insurance company and get my numbers then call me back. This afternoon she called back and let me know they approved the hyst and gave me the approval numbers. They had apparently forgotten to send out the letters to the doctor and me.
I hope all goes well with everyone waiting approval
Marie 10
Unread 02-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

My surgeons office called me this morning to let me know my surgery date and that everything is all set. I was surprised a few hours later when I got a call from my health insurance company. They were calling to let me know that everything was all set and approved for the surgery. The lady on the phone was really nice and gave me her name and number and told me to call anytime if I have any questions or concerns. She said she will call again a few days after I am home to make sure everything is ok. I sure was surprised and impressed by their call.
Unread 02-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Hi Raymo, I had never thought of asking for a "mini-tuck" but now I will when I go for my pre-op on March 6. This would make the whole thing worth while. After 4 kids, a little tuck could help LOL. One thing I don't have to worry about is insurance - everyone gets that in Canada so I feel really bad for some of you paying thousands of dollars! All the best to you all. Hugs......Frenchie
Unread 03-11-2006, 09:20 PM
hyst cost

[font=Lucida Console][color=MediumTurquoise]is this your cost after insurance or did you not have ins at all. I am in a predictiment right now my ins, is deining the claim saying it is pre-x cond. hello I still have a uterus how can that ever be pre- x I am trying to fight an appeal.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by puggie
Hi, Best of luck to you! The total cost of my TAH was $26,000 dollars with a 2 night stay in the castle. Best wishes! Melanie
Unread 03-11-2006, 09:26 PM
what a coincidence

[font=Times New Roman][color=Orange]I was just noticing that your diagnosis and the date of surgery is exactly like mine I am having TAH good luck to you.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo
Plant Lady and T,
I hope you both get the answers from the insurance this week! I would hate having to reschedule just due to idiots at the insurance company!

Ann, thanks for the post. I am getting a little nervous about the surgery. 5 weeks from today!! Yikes! I have been buying things for the castle as well as starting to make plans for the kids/house/husband! LOL hugs Raymo
Unread 03-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Insurance ok'd it ALL!

Alaskasister--
Try talking to the surgeon and the hospital about your situation. If asked, many hospitals will reduce costs dramatically if you're uninsured, especially if you can work out a payment plan (automatic withdrawals from your bank account can help). It can't hurt to talk with them, and sometimes your surgeon can be really sympathetic and help persuade the hospital to accept a lot less. Plus if you ask, some hospitals will give you lists of stuff that you can bring from your own house, so they won't need to charge you for it (pillows, etc). Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register