frequent urination & vaginal pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

frequent urination & vaginal pressure frequent urination & vaginal pressure

Unread 01-10-2013, 09:21 PM
frequent urination & vaginal pressure

im 5 weeks out of LAVH with LSO, went back to work as a waitress on saturday. after working was experiencing a lot of pressure like i needed to bear down.. now as the days have progressed im peeing all the time sometimes twice an hour. kinda uncomfortable to sit down and i have a burning sensation off & on. i called the dr on monday & they just kinda blew me off. they said thought maybe it was from being on my feet for so long. im really really worried that i have a bladder prolapse! can anyone help me out or ease my mind? what does it sound like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Re: frequent urination & vaginal pressure

It's very possible it's simply swelling from being on your feet so much. However, if you have burning call your doctor and tell him you feel like you have a UTI. Don't let it go or you could risk a kidney infection. If you don't have an infection ask if you can get some vaginal estrogen cream to help with possible dry tissues.
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:24 AM

first time I've been able to add some help (hopefully) ! If you have frequent need to wee , and if it's urgent and you have burning it's very possible (probable?) you have a UTI. I had abdominal H nearly 4 weeks ago (doing great in that respect !) but developed a UTI almost immediately after leaving hospital (from catheter I guess). The UTI was hideous. First round of antibiotics didn't work - be aware UTI's are now extremely anti biotic resistant. Once the right antibiotic was found I felt better within 2 days - what a relief ! Don't wait if you're still feeling symptoms as you describe. You could also check if your wee is very cloudy (pee in a glass !) That is also a good indictor if you have a UTI. UTI's can get serious so insist on a wee test at least! Hope all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM

I had the exact same thing & I bought one of those uti tests from the drugstore & it was positive. Dr called in some antibiotics & I got some azo standard which is over the counter. I felt better in a day. However the pressure swelling and amount of peeing contd. I went to dr and she prescribed a diuretic which helped immensely within two days. I am significantly less swollen and feel a lot better. Best wishes to you.
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:37 AM

Hi
I'm 5wks post-op and also develoiped similar symptoms. At my check-up an infection did not show up in a urine test but the dr. prescribed Macrobid an antbiotic for UTI anyway. I will honestly say that the pain from the UTI is worse than anything so far including the surgery post-op pain. I am hoping to get some relief with the RX soon!
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM

Drink lots of cranberry juice until you can get an answer from your doc

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register