Hysterectomy scheduled for 9/26 and son has 103 fever | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy scheduled for 9/26 and son has 103 fever Hysterectomy scheduled for 9/26 and son has 103 fever

Unread 09-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Hysterectomy scheduled for 9/26 and son has 103 fever

Y'all I'm freaking out. My son has a beast of a fever virus and is running a 103+ fever which means he has to be on mom at all times.

Please send prayers, good vibes, or just kind thoughts our way that he gets well soon and doesn't give it to anyone else in the house!

Also, any good advice???

Thanks!
Suz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2016, 06:16 PM
Re: Surgery scheduled for 9/26 and son has 103 fever

Hi Suz! Sending you positive vibes that your son gets well and no one else in the household catches it. All I can suggest is try not to be in direction of any coughs or sneezes. As you probably already know do not touch your eyes, nose or face after being in contact with him without washing your hands first. My spouse had the flu a week before my surgery, so I know. I did not take any chances since he still coughed into the air sometimes.

Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 09-21-2016, 07:32 PM

Hi supersuz -

I am so sorry about your son. I hope he gets over his illness soon. Fallfrenzy provided good advice to try to avoid his illness.

Sending positive thoughts your way....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2016, 09:32 PM

Hi! Sorry to hear that your son is sick! If you are interested, there is something called oil of oregano, which is a natural antimicrobial, immune booster, and has lots of benefits. You could research it if you are interested in natural remedies and ask your doctor if it is ok with him/her to take it before your surgery.You can get it at most healthfood stores. I have used it many times and it has kept colds from worsening, and helped me avoid illness during flu season. If I take t at the first sign of a scratchy throat, the sickness never takes hold.
If you wish, you could also talk with your doctor about what immune boosters or vitamins are ok to take before surgery that might help you avoid illness.
Best wishes to you and your family and sending healthy thoughts!
Unread 09-22-2016, 06:32 AM
Hysterectomy scheduled for 9/26 and son has 103 fever

I'm sorry to hear that your son is sick. In addition to what the others have recommended, I would recommend cleaning commonly touched surfaces with a bleach-based cleaner; that includes door handles, light switches, your phone, your TV remote, and your toilet's flusher. Also, 70& of your immune system is derived from your intestinal bacteria; a probiotic supplement, with your surgeon's approval, or regular servings of live culture yogurt, can help to keep it strong. Best wishes for your son's recovery, and for your upcoming surgery!
Unread 09-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Re: Hysterectomy scheduled for 9/26 and son has 103 fever

Thanks for the great advice, y'all. I have been making the rounds of the house with cleaning wipes.

My hands have never been washed so much.

He's still got a fever this morning of 102.5! I'm so ready to have this out of my house!

My mom arrives this afternoon so hopefully the plague child will start clinging to her instead of me!

I see the doctor for my pre-op this morning and I'll ask her what she thinks.

Thanks again!
Suz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register