Beginning To Wonder??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Beginning To Wonder??? Beginning To Wonder???

Unread 01-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Beginning To Wonder???

I am wondering if i should go through with the hysterectomy, Jan 28 , abdominal hysterectomy and leaving on ovary. I have had many laproscopes (4) first one i was in so much pain and went to ER and they said it was my appendix becuase the counts were high, so when they went in theyseen that the appendix was fine and there were only a small cysts on right ovary, so nothing was done. Again this happended the second time same thing nothing was done. Next lap was for tubal ligation, ever since then my periods were heavy and painful and bad headaches, also i have tachycardia and that would also be a problem during my period. Last April the gyn. did a lap and d/c and said everything looks good. So for two months after the D/C i felt great my periods were not bad. Then after that back to heavy periods, clotting and i had brown blood before and after and when i am ovulating it is very painful, also i am bloated i look like i am 3-4 mths preg. So october i went back to the gyn. He said he would do the hysterectomy but cant guarantee the pelvic pain will be gone. My husband says i need the hysterectomy and not to cancel. I just got over my last period it was heavy for one day and just brown blood for a two days. Has anyone had similiar problems like me. I also had a colonoscopy to rule out IBS which i do not have. Also before my two children i had 2 misscarriages. MY last child my placenta had went to patholgy becuase it had cysts allover i never found out what that was. Sorry to ramble on. michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 08:47 AM
ME TOO....

Hi Michelle. My name is Michele, too. I'm 34, 3 kids. I, too have been through 4 laparoscope surgeries. The first when I was 17 to get my appendix, when they found orange sized cysts on my ovaries. They removed the cysts and appendix. Two more for cysts and my last one was actually to remove my gallbladder. I've had 2 miscarriages as well. With all the pregnancies and other surgeries, I've got a ton of scar tissue. I'm just sick of all the pain and the irregular periods. I blow up like a balloon during ovulation and can't even button my pants at that time. My first day or 2 of my periods are so heavy that I feel I should be walking around with an I.V. bag on a wheeled pole. HA! Then the rest of the time is filled with those glorious suprises of huge clots. Fun, fun. I basically didn't give my doctor a choice. I went to him, said I'm done having children, now I want to enjoy them and not have them seeing me in pain all the time. He did his exam and a sonogram. I have a medium sized fibroid in my uterus, multiple cysts on my right ovary and he said my cervix is attaching itself to other organs?? Oh, and "probably" have endometrioses. I told him to get it out of there! I would put up with a couple months of pain if the end result would have me standing up from sitting position without doubling over from the pinching pains. We have surgery scheduled for 01/30 and he's going to try to leave my left ovary for hormonal purposes. But, as I've read on this site, I may just tell him to get rid of it, too, if there really is endometriosis. So, I'm kinda freaking out, too - but this has been needed for so long. My poor husband and kids need me to be healthy and to be able to be out there playing softball, or running around at the lake with our boat, etc. I won't miss the periods - that's for sure!! I think this will be great for you. This site has been very helpful to me and has answered a slew of questions and concerns I had (have). You'll be great! Good luck to you and I will keep you in my prayers. .....Hey, I've got 2 cousins and an Aunt that live in Vancouver, and 2 cousins in Quebec? Anywhere near that? Take care! Michele
Unread 01-14-2003, 08:54 AM
I forgot to mention....

I forgot to mention that my surgery will be done vaginally w/help of laparascope. They are taking uterus, cervix and right ovary. But - keep your chin up. My next door neighbor was going through the exact same symptoms and she'd been doing it for years. She had the same surgery that you are having - abdominally - in September 2002 and she feels wonderful. She said that her recovery wasn't bad - she had a lot of help and followed all the "rest, rest, rest" instructions. She has had NO pain at all since Thanksgiving. No pain at all!! I can't wait to be pain free. But, if you really are unsure of your decision, read through the website, talk to your doctor again, ask for a sonogram to confirm the damage in there, etc. There's a place on this site that details out all the questions you can ask your doctor - print it out and ask. You need to be fully informed and make a good decision. I'm actually looking forward to this and am not scared - I think. Best wishes! Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Beginning To Wonder???

((((Michelle)))))

This is a decision that only you can make along with your husband and doctor. It doesn't sound from the way you described that the bleeding is the problem and the doctor said everything looked fine. But where is the pain coming from? Is it from the ovary and maybe that needs to be removed? Is it from the IBS (I have that too and know how painful it can get)? Or is there something else like endo or adeno or fibroids or something? See...the causes can go on and on. I would want to find out first what the cause is and go from there. However, if not planning to have more children, I would probably want to go ahead with a hyst and see if that took away the pain. At least there wouldn't be the periods to deal with anymore!

Something else to consider too is having to take hrt if you don't have ovaries anymore.

I am very thankful for my hyst. But I know that is what was causing my pain. I also had periods about twice a month lasting a week at a time that were very heavy.

Hope this helps some.

s,
Pam
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Gee, I'd be getting a second opinion, I think

From what you say this surgery isn't an emergency, maybe not even necessary, and there's no evidence to suggest it will take care of your problems. If it were me, which of course it is not, I think I would be talking to at least one other doctor.

Joselle.
Unread 01-14-2003, 10:45 AM
thanks

I don't get pain all the time it is when i am ovulating or during my cycle. My husband feels that the problem is that i do need hysterectomy, and that the furst two laps were misdiagnosed improperly. My family doctor wanted me to take depp-provera,last year but beings i have tried bcp and that made things worse i thought i shouldn't take that either,and i had to take provera during my first pregnancy to try and avoid a nother miscarriage. I dont know, The pain like i said is only two weeks out of the month during my period and ovulating...IBM i know i dont have i do not have any problems with that at all.
Unread 01-14-2003, 10:53 AM
oops...

I also forgot to mention, that i did have a vaginal ultrasound done before my last lap,Jan02, they did this lap becuase ther was some fluid in a cul-de-sac, see they dont say much about anything, and becuase i am very quiet. sorry thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register