Scheduled TAH Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/13: Trying not to stress | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/13: Trying not to stress Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/13: Trying not to stress

Unread 06-12-2017, 04:20 AM
Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/13: Trying not to stress

Tomorrow 6/13 is the big day for me. I have been so uncomfortable this week leading up to surgery. I have been on Tylenol and Tramadol due to not being able to take any ibuprofen. I am barely making it through the days and nights with those meds but tonight after 11 pm, I won't be able to have any meds....really stressing out about how I will make it through the night! And then sitting in pre op tomorrow morning for 2 hours in pain??? Unless the nurses have been through this, I don't think they will understand how much pain I will be in! I doubt they will be able to give me anything in my IV until the "happy juice" on the way to the OR. Trying to relax but I am finding it difficult. Any suggestions? What worked for others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2017, 07:37 AM
Re: Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/13: Trying not to stress

Hi BlueIDScorpio,
I have no advice for you with regards to the pain. I was told it was ok for me to take at least Ativan right up to my hospital admission. I just wanted to say that I too am having surgery tomorrow, radical hysterectomy. I will be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes for a successful pain free day tomorrow
Unread 06-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Hysterectomy tomorrow 6/13: Trying not to stress

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIDScorpio View Post
Tomorrow 6/13 is the big day for me. I have been so uncomfortable this week leading up to surgery. I have been on Tylenol and Tramadol due to not being able to take any ibuprofen. I am barely making it through the days and nights with those meds but tonight after 11 pm, I won't be able to have any meds....really stressing out about how I will make it through the night! And then sitting in pre op tomorrow morning for 2 hours in pain??? Unless the nurses have been through this, I don't think they will understand how much pain I will be in! I doubt they will be able to give me anything in my IV until the "happy juice" on the way to the OR. Trying to relax but I am finding it difficult. Any suggestions? What worked for others?

Hey there!! Bless your heart!! I hear where your coming from on not being able to take ibprophen it's the pits. id let them know how you feel and maybe they can give you your meds and he before young back that's what I had my nurse do. But i also had a sweet nurse. I pray you have understanding staff. And maybe think of it this way this will be the last time you feel this way bc when you come out on the other side it's not a bad as I though it would be (after a few days) not going to lie) but that what good pain killers are for!!! Your strong and this will be over before you know it!! I was rrally stressong over all the same things as well but once it was over with I realized it wasn't that bad. My anxiety was the worst. You got this sister!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:57 AM

My hysterectomy surgery is also scheduled for tomorrow.

I don't know what kind of pain you are experiencing so I don't quite know if this remedy will work. I have adenomyosis, bladder issues, severe pain before my cycle & during ovulation.

I use heating pads a lot and I take mine with me. It is also great for gas pains. I will be taking 2 with me tomorrow. Could help tonight.

I also have the warm packs you can get at Walmart for back pain. They warm up when opened. I take those when I can't use my heating pads.

I went 8 years with no pain medication because of a bladder issue I thought I was having. Now they really upset my stomach. I have to be careful. I found heat as a alternative. They give warm blankets also here and so I ask for another if it goes cold.

I had surgery in April for suspected endometriosis and I was hurting that night and the day of. Honestly the day of I was so focused on what was going on and a bit nervous I didn't pay attention to my pain. Hopefully once the IV is in place they can give you something to help or allow you to take something.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Unread 06-12-2017, 10:33 AM

Maybe look into pressure points? I use ear stones on my feet based off of a pressure point system and it does seem to help a bit. It seems a little silly, but I have a condition that does not allow me to take medication processed by the liver, this is the best thing I have found.

Good Luck!
Unread 06-12-2017, 05:48 PM

So much thanks to all of you for the kind words and support! I appreciate all of you taking the time to share your ideas. I kept busy today and so I didn't really have time to dwell on much. Just finished packing a few things for the hospital and now I am all set to go! Tomorrow morning will come fast and I have a great support system that will all be waiting for me at the hospital during surgery! Good luck to all and gentle hugs! See you in post op forum.
Unread 06-12-2017, 07:11 PM

Heating pad it what I was going to suggest using when you lay down tonight. Best wishes on a smooth surgery and speedy recovery for those of you going tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register