Upcoming hysterectomy 9/13: Pre op appt with Dr tomorrow and terrified | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/13: Pre op appt with Dr tomorrow and terrified Upcoming hysterectomy 9/13: Pre op appt with Dr tomorrow and terrified

Unread 08-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/13: Pre op appt with Dr tomorrow and terrified

I know she is going to remove my right ovary and right fallopian tube and she is going to start out doing it laproscopily but she may have to open up to an abdomen Al incision and then I will be stuck in a hospital... I have like a million questions for this woman... stressed out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2017, 07:11 AM

Hey, my hysterectomy is also scheduled for September 13th, so we're like hystersister-sisters. I know how you feel about being freaked out. When my doctor first suggested a hysterectomy I panicked. Was like--"Anything else we can do? Literally anything?" Could not get out of the office fast enough.

When I calmed down a bit (two weeks later) and scheduled an appointment to talk surgery, I wrote down every question I had. After I had them all down, many turned out to be a bit redundant, so I neatened the list up a bit. But still, I went through every one of those questions with the doctor, and if something she said made me think of another one I asked that one too. It helped to have my questions written down ahead of time so I didn't worry about forgetting one. We have enough to worry about.
Unread 08-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 9/13: Pre op appt with Dr tomorrow and terrified

Thank you for the thoughtful response,we are hyster-sisters! It's about one hour away from my appt with the doctor and I am so nervous plus my Dad is taking me and he loves taking about vaginal bleeding and ovaries lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2017, 10:03 AM

I totally understand--I've gotten to have a lot of conversations with family members that I found horrendously awkward (not because of anything they did, my own personal hang-ups). And I was terrified about my appointment to talk surgery too, but I felt so much better after I got my questions answered. I really hope you do too!
Unread 08-29-2017, 11:52 AM

good luck with your pre-op! write down questions as you think of them so you don't forget anything.
Unread 08-29-2017, 05:36 PM

Thank you so very much, the appointment went well. She will be removing my right ovary, my right fallopian tube and this persistent 6cm cyst that has gone from a simple cyst to a slightly complex cyst. I have had it for 3 years now.... She has assured me that this will be a laproscopic surgery and I will keep my uterus for now. So I am somewhat relieved....
Unread 08-29-2017, 06:31 PM

That's great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register