Were your Fibroids cancerous? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Were your Fibroids cancerous? Were your Fibroids cancerous?

Unread 09-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Were your Fibroids cancerous?

I am 30 and just had 3 baseball sized fibroid tumors removed that were attached to the outside of my uterus. Because of my age and the fact that these didnt show up on the original ultrasounds a month ago I am panicked they are fast growing for a reason. I am a week post op and doing well but still haven't heard from pathology yet. I would love to hear any similar stories or if your fibroids were more than just fibroids. I am also worried about them growing back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Re: Were your Fibroids cancerous?

I had seven removed eleven weeks ago. I got he histology back a week later and they were all benign. My surgeon said it's very very rare for them to be cancerous. I am worried about mine growing back too (I'm only 29 and have no children yet) but there's nothing I can do about that apart from staying fit and healthy and eating well, I think. Hope your recovery is going well!
Unread 09-25-2014, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the reply! I still haven't heard from pathology so I assume that is good news since it's been a week. My confusion was I have been eating really healthy and working out everyday for the last couple of years. So I'm worried why the ones I had were so big and how long they have been there-I kno it's not likely to get answers to that but I can't help but wonder. I'm wondering if I should get the last two in there removed before the end of the year just because of insurance and I don't want those causing any issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2014, 08:15 PM

It is rare. My entire surgery for my massive fibroid was considered cancer surgery because 3 different radiologists did not feel my tumor looked normal on MRI w contrast. Needless to say...it was benign and they normally do the pathology in the OR.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register