What is happening to me? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is happening to me? What is happening to me?

Unread 07-15-2012, 11:44 AM
What is happening to me?

I need some emotional support. Tomorrow is my surgery (7/16). I have been so good up until this point. I thought I had this in the bag. I'm so nervous and so sensitive. My friend text me today to wish me luck...and the crying began. I saw my name on the best wishes thread...and the crying began. My kids tell me they love me and I cry. Is this normal? How did you cope the day before surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Re: What is happening to me?

It is understandable that you are nervous, try and concentrate on the better quality of life that is going to come as a result of your surgery.
Here are 2 scriptures that will hopefully give you a little peace

Philippians 4:6,7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything let your requests be made known to God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus

Deuteronomy 31:8
And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you, He will not leave you or forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed

I pray that Lord gives you a peace beyond all understanding and that you have a successful and uneventful surgery. May you also have a speedy recovery.

You are going to be fine. I send you lots and lots of (( HUGS))
Unread 07-15-2012, 01:03 PM

I'm feeling the same way. My surgery is tomorrow also. I just started my bowel prep and this stuff is so gross. I've been snapping at my husband for days. Good thing he is understanding about all of this and supportive. I haven't started crying yet but I fell on the verge a lot. Hang in there we will make it through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2012, 01:19 PM

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and felt the same way. The Waiting and all the fears of the unknown were totally overwhelming. so many people i knew had hysterectomies and the word was always tossed around loosely but then when it happened to ME, OMG , now have so much more compassion!......... I have to say , it's been a wild ride but I feel Great lately! My abdomen feels so much better! At this point, I have No regrets and I KNOW I did the "right" thing. I am so looking forward to my 6 week check up when my husband and I can regain our lives back!
Unread 07-15-2012, 01:19 PM

Ladies!

Take a deep breath! Waiting is the hardest part. It's understandable that you are anxious, but think about how much better your life will be after surgery. You are almost there! I will be thinking about you tomorrow and praying for a successful surgery and easy recovery. See you on the other side!

Unread 07-15-2012, 01:22 PM

It is completely normal to feel the way you are feeling! No matter how prepared you think you are, no matter how ready you thought you were, you are going to be nervous and emotional before your surgery. This is a very emotional surgery not to mention a major operation. Nerves are normal. Crying is normal. Even a little bit of anger is normal.

Try to focus on the big picture. Try to focus on how much better your life is going to be once you are recovered. Focus on the good and surround yourself with those who love you. And always, always feel free to come here and lean on us.

For me, waiting was the hardest part and I was very emotional both before and after the surgery. I leaned on my sisters here and they, along with my loving family got me through it and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Wishing you and sending you great big I will see you on the other side on your recovery thread!!
Unread 07-15-2012, 01:33 PM

Surgery is scary, but this is scheduled for a good reason. I'm sure you chose a great doctor who will make your body healthier and stronger--it just takes a while to see all the good that results from the pain. Emotions are bound to be high, so maybe practice your recovery regime today. Go ahead and let family and friends take care of you today. You can never get too much support or practice!
Unread 07-15-2012, 01:41 PM

I was a basket case & a bundle of nerves before my surgery. The waiting is absolutely the most difficult part. Once, I was on the other side, I asked myself what I was so worked up for, lol. True, any surgery is a big deal and it is so normal to get stressed out, but when it is over it is such a huge relief.

Easier said than done, but try to relax and do things you enjoy. If you nerves get too bad, call your doctor to see if they can give you something to calm you until your surgery.
Unread 07-15-2012, 02:25 PM

Hugs!! I agree with all the other sisters, waiting is the worst part. But think of the big picture, think of when you wake up from the surgery and realize that the organ that was giving you so much grief, causing you to feel so awful is GONE and better days are ahead! I was very nervous before my surgery in May...as soon as that IV was placed they gave me some Versed and off to "I don't care what happens" land I went!! You have been through the worst (the horrible problems that brought you to this point), the best is ahead. Good luck to you, and see you on the other side!!
Unread 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM

After all the pain and bleeding before my surgery, I was actually looking forward to it, excited to be finally having it taken care of. I busily finished work, told everyone about it, cleaned house, made meals and plans, and then the night before...DH took me out for my favourite supper (which he hates), he held my hand, looked in my eyes, and I started bawling right there in the restaurant! Guess I was a little nervous and hiding it huh. I didn't sleep that night, but once I was on the way to the hosp I was fine and I don't regret it for a minute! Bye Bye nasty uterus!!!

Think about the reasons behind the surgery, and then think about the difference it will make in the future. a good cry, a good hug and you will make it through. See you on the other side.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register