adeno/ hyst/sex - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adeno/ hyst/sex adeno/ hyst/sex

Unread 01-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Re: Positions -Sex- After

Thx I just wanted to ask some questions, I thought maybe could be answered among the sisters. But I will add more questions to my list for the gyno about positions and pray I dont die of embarrassment asking about certain positions. Some things are easier online, but ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2014, 05:24 PM

My partner is well endowed and we gave the cuff a good workout for a few hours. We were very rough. There were positions we could now do that we couldn't do before. There was no pain, no bleeding or soreness and it was better than before. I did have silver nitrate applied twice though and experimented on my own for a month after I was originally cleared for sex until I was comfortable.

Everyone is different and I only share my experience as I too was very scared and worried that I had made a mistake having this surgery. There are some ladies that haven't had a good experience and wanted to share that this isn't the experience for everyone.
Unread 01-12-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMichele View Post
My partner is well endowed and we gave the cuff a good workout for a few hours. We were very rough. There were positions we could now do that we couldn't do before. There was no pain, no bleeding or soreness and it was better than before. I did have silver nitrate applied twice though and experimented on my own for a month after I was originally cleared for sex until I was comfortable.

Everyone is different and I only share my experience as I too was very scared and worried that I had made a mistake having this surgery. There are some ladies that haven't had a good experience and wanted to share that this isn't the experience for everyone.
Thankyou you read my mind-lol. Guess im worried that the Dr.'s 'handywork' will hold up. I also have to remember that the aroused vagina does elongate, so scary to think about him touching that incision area. Thankyou so much for your reply. I sure appreciate you being candid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiarose
But I will add more questions to my list for the gyno about positions and pray I dont die of embarrassment asking about certain positions. Some things are easier online, but ok.
It's fine to ask questions, but it can't be stressed enough that nothing on this site is meant to take the place of asking your doctor the questions that you have. It's important that you ask your doctor the questions you have, no matter how embarrassing, and then follow your doctor's orders. To do otherwise could put your recovery at risk.

Unread 01-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Re: adeno/ hyst/sex

The thought of sex is scary to me with the cuff. My DH and have fooled around but absolutely no penetration! Probably TMI but we had a very healthy sex life before I had bladder and uterus prolapse. The last few months before surgery was nothing but pain, so I am looking forward to getting that part of my life back! my Discharge papers said nothing for 8 weeks but went for my 4 week post op today and he said my stitches were gone so I was cleared for all activity except abdominal work??? Not sure if he meant intercourse or not... I am not wanting to call and ask but I think we will wait for the 6 week mark just to make sure.. Hoping the fear of everything is normal and it wont hinder me from getting that part of my life back.
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Shortened vagina- vag hyst

First attempts at dec after cleared did you feel like the vagina was shorter ? If so when did it feel normal again & did your husband say anything or notice a dift feel . Thx all !
Unread 01-18-2014, 01:54 PM

oops, I meant sex, on DH's computer, not used to it.

thanks for answering the questions, helps with the anxiety, as I have no one I'm comfortable asking these questions. I do have a running list for my pre- op visit. I know the Dr. deals with this daily. But it's nice to hear from people that have actually had a hyst. Many of my friends have given up on intimacy for whatever reason, so If I ask they'd say, it doesn't matter, but to us in this house it does !
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:50 PM

Cervix question here: If they remove the uterus with the cervix, wouldn't that possibly create a tad more room in the vagina, which in turn might make things a little more comfy for ladies during sex ? Sometimes a bump on the cervix is a bit uncomfy. I do understand from my Dr. that she will tie the vagina to the uterosacral ligaments that hold up the uterus. I know it's all a bit unnerving. I told my husband, Im so nervous about being in the OR and having surgery in my most private place. I did talk with my Dr and she is going to make sure the entire staff is 'all women' which did calm my nerves a bit. I was never this nervous with my other surgeries, just this one on the yoohoo, as a friend calls it. I have heard some refer to their vagina as a flower. So Im with that. Breathe deeply, I keep telling myself. Man, I wasn't this nervous about having my kids. The vag cuff makes me nervous as well. Just gotta wrap my mind around it
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiarose View Post
Thanks I will try that was worried that maybe some positions we might not be able to go back to. ;(
Doggie style is a definite no go for me since my surgery. I'm 2.5 years post op.
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:53 PM

Hi Ladies. I definitely found it unnerving having my 'gina operated on. And having the end sewn shut does create the fear of it tearing during sex. This is not a common occurrence but I think we all still worry about it. Follow your post op restrictions carefully and you will be fine. Personally, I had no troubles waiting the 8 weeks before I was cleared for sex. I even waited until 9 weeks because I didn't feel ready. I was so sore, my belly was swollen, I had discharge and could not have felt less sexy. And my concern over healing properly outweighed everything else. Once you're cleared for sex, wait until you're ready, go slow, use lube (even if you feel you don't need it), and be on top so you can control depth, etc. Make it clear that you're stopping if you need to. You may not have fireworks at first, I found it to be more of a fact-finding mission. We went to my niece's wedding and stayed the night at a hotel, which was nice. We had to stop because I was sore. I didn't bleed but I was crampy/sore the next day. My DH says it feels no different for him. It feels better for me having my cervix gone because it was sore when he bumped it during sex. I notice no difference with lubrication or the length of my vagina. What I do miss is the amazing orgasms I had before surgery. I used to feel my uterus contract, and of course that is gone. So now my orgasms feel shallow and lacklustre. This is very disappointing for me. You will find that each woman has a different experience with recovery and outcome.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register