Really getting emotional is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really getting emotional is this normal? Really getting emotional is this normal?

Unread 10-17-2004, 12:53 AM
Really getting emotional is this normal?

I work in retail and usually can handle critisism, rudeness and the like from customers/co-workers. But lately any little thing makes me upset. Nearly to tears!! I had a supervisor try to push my buttons and blame me for a schedule switch that was authorized by a higher manager. She was more or less put in her place by the higher manager. But I still felt threatened by this. She is a backstabbing type of person, but knowing my medical condition and not having much support with my husband through everything....where's the compassion???

But that and just hearing a song on the radio that will make me feel alone...I start to cry. Like a lump in my throat crying. Is this normal nearly 3 weeks pre op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2004, 03:04 AM

Don't worry, becoming emotional is normal. Are you under any extra stress? Menopause? Are your hormones level? These are some things that can cause you emotions to go on a roller coaster ride. My hormones have been messed up for a while, trust me it does get better, you learn how to deal and move on. And trust me you are never alone. As far as right now find something in your day that you are excited about doing and when you start to feel sad focus on that, it'll make you feel better, and smiling alot tends to make on happy. Please feel free to pm me if you need to vent. Take care
Unread 10-17-2004, 05:09 AM

Bunny! Just thought I'd send you a hug this morning. I think it is quite normal to have the emotional roller coaster pre-op. Life goes on in spite of what is happening in our lives, and it makes it that much harder to deal with. Hormones can get out of balance, making every day issues seem GARGANTUAN! Try to de-stress a bit by doing something for yourself. What do you like to do to relax? A hot bath? Pedicure/manicure? Read? Go for a long walk? Doing something JUST for you is really important! It helps you to calm frayed nerves, soothe hurts, and let the outside world stay OUTSIDE! I read your profile, and it sounds to me that even in your home, things COULD get a bit chaotic! :hair: (Just like in my house!) So.....let Calgon take you away today!

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2004, 05:20 AM
very emotional too

I too have become very emotional, I am three weeks away from surgery. My dad shouted at me on Wednesday and I just burst out into tears. Usually I would have given as good as I got. It's the same when I see something on television I just burst out crying. I suppose we have a lot of pent up emotions and this is a release. I don't mind crying in private but I don't want other people to think I am weak and a cry baby. I posted a message on the board about this and the replies were all the same. it is normal and I am not going mad thank goodness It just something we have to go through. I try to keep my focus on the future. A time when I will be free from pain and discomfort. A time when I'm not drained of energy. This is a very emotional time and we just have to go with it. I was reassured, as I hope you are, this is normal.
Unread 10-17-2004, 06:59 PM

Hello.

I am feeling very similar. My surgery is about 2 weeks out and I think about it A LOT. Any other thoughts or conversations are becoming difficult for me to follow or listen to because I am so preoccupied. My doctor said that with a hysterectomy, you will have a grieving process that takes place. More so I think for people like me who are young and who have not been able to conceive. I think what you are going through is normal. It is not difficult for me to be in tears right now. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. God bless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register