swollen and hard labia? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swollen and hard labia? swollen and hard labia?

Unread 07-22-2006, 06:29 PM
swollen and hard labia?

Has anyone else suddenly had one side of their labia get hard and swollen? Could this be the beginning of a yeast infection? I've only had a yeast infection twice and it was a long time ago.

I finished a week of antibiotics three days ago to deal with a little oozing at the incision site. Could this have caused the swelling anf hardness?

I'm seeing my doctor on Monday for my 3 week check up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2006, 06:53 PM
swollen and hard labia?

proud,

i am the recipient of having WAY TOO MANY yeast infections... mine were all so bad that you wanted to use a steel wool to itch. could be something else. make sure to mention to your dr!
Unread 07-26-2006, 11:04 AM
swollen and hard labia?

This list is quite something. I just searched for swollen labia and here this pops up.
Just recently (of course it was after my doctor appointment) my right labia has been swollen and feels wierd. It isn't hard but it feels uncomfortable. I haven't had antibiotics since I left the hospital and I haven't had oozing or anything to indicate infection. Last week the doctor didn't say there was any either. I do have a rash down the back of my leg ... Any clues, anyone??
Proud2Bme - what did your doctor say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2006, 03:04 PM
swollen and hard labia?

Mine turned out to be an ingrown hair!!! Great!!! Apply heat and wait for it to go away....it has gone done a lot, thank goodness. It hurt so much! After my TAH, my hair on my head was very stiff and hard (it's returned back to its regular texture now). Well, my hair "down there" had also changed texture and I guess one hair decided to grow back into its follicle and it got infected. I applied conditioner to that area to soften the hair because I don't want that ever happening again!!!!
Unread 07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
swollen and hard labia?

Not to mention the itching of hair "down there" growing back after being shaved. Gosh...there is just no end to what can happen after surgery, is there?
Unread 07-26-2006, 07:04 PM
swollen and hard labia?

Proud2be, this happened to me a few months ago. I had a hard, kinda bean-shaped mass in my labia, yikes!! My gyno told me it was a Bartholin's Cyst. The Bartholin gland is found on the labia, both sides, and is one of the glands that keeps us lubricated. If this gland gets blocked up it will form a cyst. Thankfully I didn't need it to be excised. Warm, moist compresses did the trick. Now you may have something entirely different, so please check with your gyno.
Unread 07-26-2006, 07:06 PM
swollen and hard labia?

Wonder if something is interfering with the blood supply out of the area. I hope your doc can take a look at it soon.

When I got out of surgery, I noticed my labia were puffy and sore, but not hard. A mirror showed bruising there. I figure they used a speculum or something opened really wide when they were getting the cervix out, and that bruised the area.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register