Train trip to Grand Canyon from Chicago (2014) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Train trip to Grand Canyon from Chicago (2014) Train trip to Grand Canyon from Chicago (2014)

Unread 07-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Train trip to Grand Canyon from Chicago (2014)

Has anyone taken a train from Chicago to the Grand Canyon? A friend of mine was telling me about a tour, but it seems like a long trip over six days with only one night in the Grand Canyon area. They offer a sleeper car at an extra charge. I took the Eurostar from London to Paris in 2007, but that was only about 2 3/4 hours each way. I loved it, but don't know if I would want to spend two days each way to and from the Grand Canyon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2017, 05:25 PM
Train trip to Grand Canyon from Chicago (2014)

The Southwest Chief is a really nice train, with an observation car, cafe car and a dining car. People are super friendly on the train in a way that never happens while flying.
I HIGHLY recommend getting a sleeper. That’s a long trip to take in coach. I do not rest well when I can’t lie flat and the trip can be miserable on a full train. The sleepers are more expensive but they include all meals, and you have a bed! Showers are down the hall for roomettes, and in the room for bedrooms. For me, there is no price for my mental and physical health. When I was younger I could tolerate traveling in misery, but no more.
If you’re alone, a roomette is definitely big enough. Nothing makes me happier than getting into my little roomette and watching the world go by all by myself. There’s nothing like locking the door, closing the curtain that looks out into the hallway, and staring out the window at the scenery like you’ve got your own personal railroad.
The only part of this trip that concerns me is that there’s just one day at the Grand Canyon. However, if you’re not a big hiker on your ultimate fantasy dream trip, you can probably spend enough time there in one day to really feel like you’ve experienced it. And sometimes I like traveling to a place and seeing just enough of it that I want to go back again.
You may find that this short trip inspires you to plan a longer one where you can do serious hiking or rafting. Or, you may feel like you’ve seen it and don’t need to do an intensive trip later.
Go! And spend the money! And have fun.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register