how big was your uterus? and what's the normal size for one? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how big was your uterus? and what's the normal size for one? how big was your uterus? and what's the normal size for one?

Unread 09-20-2006, 01:31 PM
how big was your uterus? and what's the normal size for one?

I asked for my patholgy and surgical report they told me it would cost $25 dollars per copy. What the heck?!
I'm like mad about that...grrrrr I thought it was courtsy to have those reports for free when did the price thing start.
But from what the nurse read to me..my unterus was very very small. I guess because of what all was going on. (read my siggy)
Well I'm still angry about the cost factor...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2006, 02:07 PM

I asked him for a copy of it along with a copy of the surgery report and he had the nurse photocopy it for me before I left the office after my 6 week checkup today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaBailey
How did you get your path report? At my 4-week check-up my doctor said the pathology was fine, no problems, but I didn't get any report.
Unread 09-20-2006, 02:08 PM

wowzers! that's crazy! mine just handed mine over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiCakes70
I asked for my patholgy and surgical report they told me it would cost $25 dollars per copy. What the heck?!
I'm like mad about that...grrrrr I thought it was courtsy to have those reports for free when did the price thing start.
But from what the nurse read to me..my unterus was very very small. I guess because of what all was going on. (read my siggy)
Well I'm still angry about the cost factor...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2006, 02:12 PM

Hi,
I was told that a normal uterus weighs about 50 grammes, mine was 2.5 kilos and my surgeon said that was one of the biggest one's he has ever removed... I'm feel great having lost it as I no longer have to pee every hour!!! Yes what a relief!!! I also have a completely new silhouette... :-D
Unread 09-20-2006, 03:57 PM

This is really interesting, isn't it?

My uterus was 15x10x7 (if you click on "My photos" you can see it -- not for the squeamish, though) and they said it was the size of a 24-26 week pregnancy. It weighed 370 grams, although that was kind of disappointing, as I was hoping for lots more weight to be gone.

Even though your uterus is enlarged it doesn't necessarily weigh that much more. In my case, my uterus had lots of little fibroids inside, but it was boggy (had never really contracted after ds's birth in 2000) due to the fibroids in the uterine wall. So it was kind of like a balloon -- big but not heavy.
Unread 09-20-2006, 04:02 PM

Wow great photos! I of course I had to look at them... :-) But it was really interesting as I didn't really know what a uterus looked like.
Unread 09-20-2006, 04:15 PM

Mine weighed 128 gms, and was somewhat enlarged. I did have adenomyosis, and a 4.5 cm fibroid that was outside the uterus and pressing against the right ovary and some other things. It's a tremendous relief not having that constant agonzing pain in my right side anymore, as well as no more heavy, gushing periods. I also haven't had to go to the bathroom as frequently.
Unread 09-20-2006, 07:22 PM

Due to adeno, mine was the size and shape of a small football. I haven't seen the path report yet, but the doc did show me a couple of interesting pictures!
Unread 09-21-2006, 12:39 PM

Wow, now that is a Christmas card picture if I ever saw one. :wowee: I am sure you were definitely happy to get Marvin out.
Unread 09-21-2006, 12:50 PM

mjd2491 - I was the same way about the weight. Going through all this, you really out to get to lose more than a pound! I never really thought about the size vs weight thing, but it makes sense I suppose. You just get thrown off when they start talking in terms of pregnancy size - you automatically assume that will mean weight too. I asked before surgery if I was going to lose weight and my surgeon laughed and said, "Well, not by the scale, but if you are talking about that pooch you have, that will go away." One fibroid measured 17 cm at ultrasound, which was softball, but I guess it didn't weigh as much as a softball. It was in the way of seeing much else though.

Now I can't wait to get my reports! It was suggested by a friend to get them just for my own records and any future problems and I just figured I'd get them and file them somewhere. Now I find out they make interesting reading! Supposed to get them as soon as Doc signs off on them. Did you ask for the pictures or were they part of the report?

Z.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register