3.5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feeling somehow less? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3.5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feeling somehow less? 3.5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feeling somehow less?

Unread 12-28-2014, 08:26 PM
3.5 weeks post hysterectomy: Feeling somehow less?

i hope this post makes sense to someone. I am 3.5 weeks post op (davinci hysterectomy, both tubes and left ovary removed). I some how am feeling "less". Less of a woman maybe? I want to feel like me again. I want the discomfort to be over. I am completely scared of being able to be intimate with my husband (however I am happy to see signs of arousal again). Has anyone else experienced these feelings? Any input would be great. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Re: Feeling somehow less?

I think I know what you mean. After my hyst in April, the 3rd week was very emotional for me. But I had a bso on the 17th, and while my hrt appears to be doing well, I find myself reflective and sad for who I used to be, and what the meaning and purpose of everything, including life itself. I wish I had good advice for you, but I can tell you in April when I was able to be back up and dealing with life again I felt much better. So be patient. I was fearful of intercourse also, but when the time comes try not to put a lot of pressure and stress on yourself. Just take it slow and be willing to experiment a little, found a few pleasure positions I never had before! Most people do just fine, and if you don't there is plenty of help available, here and from your Dr. Try or now to relax and do something fun just for you. Stress of the holidays adds to recovery.
Unread 12-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Re: Feeling somehow less?

I felt like this post op too. I desperately wanted to keep my uterus. I loved being fertile and it made me feel sexy. I had to grieve the loss of my child bearing ability and it was difficult emotionally. I cried a very great deal. I found the thing that helped me the most was my DH. He doesn't look at me any differently and does not see me as "less than" before. I still feel sad about losing the old me. But it gets much easier with time. It helps to talk about it with someone close to you.

Article: Less of a Woman?

Resuming intimacy is scary for most of us! Once your doctor clears you, make sure you continue to wait if you don't feel ready. Talk about your concerns with your DH; you will likely find he's worried about the same things! Go slow and be patient - there may not be fireworks at first. Patience, trust and communication are key.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register