Fab recipe for those of you with no apetite | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > Sisteritaville: Hyster Sisters Cookbook > Other

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fab recipe for those of you with no apetite Fab recipe for those of you with no apetite

Unread 10-28-2015, 02:45 AM
Fab recipe for those of you with no apetite

I'm currently off work with horrendous meno symptoms. What with the insomnia, nightmares and restless legs I only have an appetite for carby, sweet things but don't want to put weight on or feel more sluggish than I already do. So I do this:

Banana Pancakes

Takes 10 mins, fills you up for hours and isn't too bad for you.

Ingredients for pancake mix:
One banana
Two eggs
pinch of salt
pinch of baking powder

Whisk or use a hand blender and mix well.

Then put what you want on it, this is what I do:

Method:
Put a non stick pan on a low heat, add a little butter, when melted add a tablespoon of mixture to the pan. Add as many as will comfortably fit in your chosen pan. Mine makes six pancakes at a time.

Cook slowly, when the top of the pancake has only a little wobble left flip the pancake, cook on the other side for a 30 seconds or so then keep aside on a warm plate. Cook the rest of the pancakes.

When they're all cooked I add (but do whatever works for you) toasted almonds and hazelnuts, or walnuts. Sliced banana, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of Nutella.

It's delicious and the worst thing is the Nutella so who cares! Plus, because it's high protein it keeps you going for hours and doesn't leave you feeling bloated.

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2015, 05:44 AM
Re: Fab recipe for those of you with no apetite

I don't see flour listed as an ingredient. Is there no flour needed?
Unread 10-28-2015, 05:47 AM

Nope! That's the joy of it. No flour or sugar. Because it makes it a very loose recipe you make them tablespoon by tablespoon instead of a ladle ful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2015, 06:16 AM

Sounds interesting. I'll have to try this. Thanks.
Unread 10-31-2015, 04:16 PM

yum cant wait to try this one!
Unread 03-28-2016, 03:02 PM

So I stumbled on these great LITTLE recipes. 2 Ingredient recipes that is. Does anyone have more to share?

Pizza Dough- 1 1/3 cup self rising flour + 5 oz yogurt=mix, roll, top, bake.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream- 4 diced ripe bananas + 2 Tbs Peanut Butter=Freeze the banana slices, then blender puruee, add peanut butter. (Can add a spoon or two of milk if you like softer serve.

Cake- 1 yellow cake mix, 1 regular soda (any flavor but I'm told diest doesn't do well.) Mix and bake as normal.

Macaroons- 1 can sweetened condensed milk + 14 oz shredded coconut= Preheat to 350 F, mix, spoon onto cookie sheet, bake 7-10 minutes till golden brown.

Lemon cake bars-1 box angel food cake mix + 1 22 oz can lemon pie filing= Preheat to 350F, spray 9x13" pan, mix, spread, bake @35 minutes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register