Home from the castle...sore legs?!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the castle...sore legs?!?!?! Home from the castle...sore legs?!?!?!

Unread 12-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Home from the castle...sore legs?!?!?!

Hello to all you princesses
I was hoping someone here could shed some light on why in the world my legs are so sore. They feel like I had cramps. My surgery was on Thursday and aside from the sore legs I feel pretty good although I am not sleeping well. I am up every couple of hours. Is all this normal or should I call my doctor today? Thanks for the help you all are wondeful.

hugs
Angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 05:31 AM
sore legs

I just got home yesterday from castle myself and ooooo do my legs hurt. I felt down around the upper part of my legs and lo and behold I have also found two sets of stitches. Walking is hard. They have me on percocet as the vicodin did nothing for me. The morphine was wonderful in hospital. I assume legs hurt from being stretched out while on stirrups? Just my guess.
Unread 12-17-2005, 05:42 AM

Hello and welcome back !

When you have a VH , your legs are spread very far apart. You probably stretched your muscles a bit. I had a TVH, no leg pain, but I have heard that some women experience this. You may want to call your Doctor just to be sure.

Best Wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 06:40 AM

I did not have any leg pain. I knew from this site that they stretch you far apart, so I stretched my legs that morning. I don't know, maybe that helped. I DID however, have head and neck pain a couple days later. That was weird.
Unread 12-17-2005, 09:44 AM

I didn't necessarily notice the leg pain but my calves were bruised from being strapped down. I am now (12 days out) having problems with trigger points in my thighs. I have fibromyalgia and this was a concern for me before surgery.
Unread 12-17-2005, 09:50 AM

I'm starting to notice a sore crotch area. The swelling must be going down alot now.
Unread 12-17-2005, 11:12 AM

You might check with your Dr. I know when I complained of sore legs, he had me come in and check for blood clots...
Unread 12-17-2005, 11:41 AM

Oh golly the top parts of my thighs hurt SO bad I thought I'd never walk again! When I woke up and was moving into my bed in my room, they were so stiff.

One side was much worse than the other due to Doc having some difficulty with the TVT procedure.

I too thought maybe it was a blood clot issue and called the Doc. He said he wasn't surprised though at the amount of soreness, especially on my left side where he had to work extra hard. He told me to take warm bath soaks. I hear so many are forbidden to soak, but he said I had to. For whatever it's worth though, check up this week showed alot of swelling had gone down.
Unread 12-17-2005, 07:16 PM

A heating pad works wonders for me on xtra hot <sigh>
Unread 12-18-2005, 05:28 PM

I also felt it on my right thigh area and felt like I ran a marathan , I notice it the day of my discharge and told her about it then and she told me to watch it. It seems to be better know.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register