I hurt I hurt I hurt! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I hurt I hurt I hurt! I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Unread 10-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Ok I am not one to really pout and complain but OMG do I hurt.

I'm not sure what I might have done, I would think I'm far enough I couldn't cause myself harm. But I have been in pain, not sore, in pain since about noon. Today was my 1st full time day. I was filing (not lifting) and standing infront of the files. I was doing this maybe an hour when I started getting a bad pain like where my left ovary would be. I figured it would ease up when I went to lunch, it didn't. I have now been in bed almost 2 hours, 30 minutes with a ice bag, and I am not feeling better. If anything, laying down I can feel it through to my back.

If I'm not 90% in the morning, I will call my doctor. I just can't beleive at this point, standing would be that harmful.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

I am so sorry that you are in hurting, Please let me know how you are doing and what this is from. I am 8 weeks post op and I have this odd ache in the same area and my overies are out??
Linda
Unread 10-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

I think I would be tempted to call the dr tonight. I have followed your posts from the beginning and you seem very rational, calm, and soothing...both when helping others and talking about your own situation. If you had the pain to begin with and it just got worse, I would not be as concerned. However, a sudden onset of severe pain after more than 7 weeks that lasts for more than a hour or two is a concern. Have you taken any medication? Please consider calling your drs. service and at least ask them their opinion. Let us know what you find out. I'll pray that everything is fine!

Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Hey Julie ~ So sorry you are feeling this way. By all means, call the doc in the a.m.! My advice from doc was to do as I felt able... and surely as you've done I would do as well. Best to get the doc's opinion... Best wishes ~
Unread 10-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry to read how bad you're hurting. It could be you just over did and it will ease up, but I would call your doc in the morning and ask if this is normal. It could be by filing you were using muscles you hadn't in awhile since the surgery and that reaching forward may have stirred them up. Maybe you need to go part time...you just may need more time to heal..remember to listen to your body...it knows best.

Good luck and you have my prayers. Please let us know how you're tomorrow. ok?

Good night...try to rest well.
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:06 AM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Julie,

It is amazing how standing can tire you out and cause discomfort. I still get tired after being up and around for a couple of hours.

Please let us know about what the doc says.
Unread 10-24-2006, 03:09 AM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

I'm considerably better this morning. Its funny though because while I didn't notice it when I woke up, through out the night when I rolled over, I was in my sleep aware of being in pain. Now that I have been up almost an hour, its back to a dull ache.

My Drs opens at 9. I am going to call then. This is just so weird to me. I worked 6 hours for just over a week, the very first day I was achy (not used to sitting at a desk) and a couple of days I was fatigued, I never was even very sore leaving. Its got to be the standing and filing.

lol I hope I don't have to go in.....I swear I feel like I have had enough pelvic exams to at least get me through the end of the year....

Julie
Unread 10-24-2006, 05:57 AM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Julie,
Let us know what the Dr. says... I still have phantom pain where my right ovary was pretty regularly... hope that will stop one day...
Unread 10-24-2006, 09:25 AM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Marianne -

I have a pain on my right side that is much like the pain I had pre-op. I have endo, my surgical report said they removed a lot from my cul de sac and neighboring tissue. So the pain on my right side, its better than pre-op, didn't surprise me. Dr just has me 'logging' it until my May visit and I'm ok with that.

Drs office called back and I have to go do blood work and urine samples at lab tonight. They said they weren't really concerned (I didn't take that as nobody cares, just this probably isn't crictical) and I am going in on Thursday 'just to be sure'.

I will say this, I went out to the 'pain gauge' page because I have a real problem with on a scale from 1 to 10, whats your pain. I think I feel internal pressure to say lower for fear of being preceived as a baby or dramatic. That all being said, per the chart, my pain is mostly at about a 3.5 with peaks at 5 and never below a 2. The reason its hard to use the chart is because I say a 3 but Moltrin makes no difference. So I know some would say its always a 5 but I don't think taking even my Vocodin would soften it (I will find out tonight as since I have now done what I can, I will 'reward' myself with an attempt to be pain free).

Pain gauging is just so difficult to me. I am thankful for Hysters for having that outline though, it gives me a reference point and would give me a print out to refer my Dr to so they were on the same page.

Thanks for caring, I was frustrated last night and a little scared. It was very upsetting after just that morning telling DH that mind and emotions were pretty upbeat and I was excited to be moving on to be experiencing this.

Julie
Unread 10-24-2006, 10:02 AM
I hurt I hurt I hurt!

Totally agree with the pain gauge issues. Just after surgery they asked me what my pain was on a scale of 1 to 10. They said I told them 12! I felt so bad about that the rest of my stay that I just kept saying 3 no matter how bad it was. God forbid we women should admit to being normal and experiencing pain. So I tell everyone "fine, it's just fine" and then moan and complain to my dh. Oh well, he did say, "For better, for worse. In sickness and in health."

Let us know what you find out from the tests and the dr visit. Hope your pain eases.

Rhonda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register