1 week post op and went back to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post op and went back to work 1 week post op and went back to work

Unread 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM
1 week post op and went back to work

I am one week post op and today I went to work. I've been feeling really good and been driving around town to ensure I could drive so I thought, what the heck! So needless to say, my 45 minute drive is longer than the 5-10 minute drives I have been taking, I was in pain before I made it to work. Then, at work, the pain just slowly increased. I ended up leaving after 6 hours. How long was it before any of you were able to go back to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Re: 1 week post op and went back to work

Omg!! Wow. I have been of 5 1/2 weeks. My first day back is tomorrow. Bless you. You need to be home with your feet up!!
Unread 10-31-2012, 12:51 PM

oh my goodness! I was off 6 weeks for the myomectomy and 5 weeks for the hysterectomy (although i could have gone back at 4 weeks. I was cleared on a Tue afternoon and it just made sense to wait for the next week since I was approved for it. ).

I didn't drive until 3 weeks. Now I did have a TAH and not a DVH, but I still had a really easy recovery. DVH doesn't necessarily guarantee your recovery is easier, but sometimes it is. We all recover differently.

Did you doctor clear you to go back to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCOShyster View Post
I am one week post op and today I went to work. I've been feeling really good and been driving around town to ensure I could drive so I thought, what the heck! So needless to say, my 45 minute drive is longer than the 5-10 minute drives I have been taking, I was in pain before I made it to work. Then, at work, the pain just slowly increased. I ended up leaving after 6 hours. How long was it before any of you were able to go back to work?
Wow see originally I wanted to to work after my daVinci,also on 23rd, but after reading so many horror stories about doing too much too soon I opted to stay home one more week like doc recommended. Yes I am bored out of my mind but I think it was the right choice. I am planning to return on Monday November 5th.

Hang in there and rest a lil more before you try again. Everyone heals differently and no one wants you to end up back in surgery.
Unread 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM

My doc doesn't figure I will be back at 3 or 4 weeks. I had a very low hemogloben count going into surgery and he figures I will need extra time to get my blood back to normal.
Unread 10-31-2012, 02:06 PM

When I saw you post I gasped. I had Davinci 5 weeks ago today and I am still not driving to the office. I have been working 4 hours a day from home since beginning of week 5 and it has only been the last couple of day I feel more up to it. Then today for whatever reason I am dragging again. Tomorrow I try to increase my hours but it is up to 6 so if I am not feeling up to it I can work less. Next Wednesday at end of 6 weeks I go back full-time. Since I work from home Thursday & Friday I may go in that day so I then have 4 days to reocver if needed. My commute in is 1 hour but home can be 1 1/4 plus with traffic. I work a 10 hour day when in the office. Good luck but please take care of yourself. Big Hugs!!
Unread 10-31-2012, 03:39 PM

I've very impressed you went work after a week!!

I tried to go back to work Monday, but I only lasted 2 hours, then had pain in the evening. I didn't go in yesterday because I had grad classes (skipped the one with hard chairs!), then tried the office again today. I was much more mobile (setting things up to pack Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes), but still left after 2 hours. I'll be 3 weeks post-op tomorrow.
Unread 10-31-2012, 06:14 PM

I was out for 5 weeks. I can't imaging going back to work after just one week. Please reconsider and stay home longer if you can. One week is not enough time for your body to heal. Good luck and sending hugs!!
Unread 10-31-2012, 06:22 PM

You go girl! I had mine last Monday, it took everything out of me just to be up an hour to go Trick-or-Treating with my 4 kids tonight.... I am so glad I don't have to worry about working... I do have to go to school tomorrow night...
Unread 10-31-2012, 06:52 PM

rarasnake, you might want to take a pillow to sit on during class. Hard chairs could lead to pelvic pain. Speaking from experience.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register