TAH-BSO Scheduled - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH-BSO Scheduled TAH-BSO Scheduled

Unread 07-22-2005, 11:42 AM
TAH-BSO Scheduled

Sharon,
Busy was the answer for me also. I found this site a godsend, I was afraid my non-hyst facing friends would get sick of hearing about all of my worries over and over again!! It is very hard to not think of your upcoming surgery and it really is okay to do so, just don't make yourself crazy over it.

I also have a 12 yr old and an 8 yr old that have been very helpful during my recovery. Although my 8 yr. old has at times said he wishes his summer could have been more fun. I just tell him that this was something I needed to do and that it wouldn't have been that different anyway, then he says yeah your prob. right. It sounds like fun to have a few special times before surgery and also your DH sounds like a fun Dad, that will help the kids make it through.

Do you know yet what type of surgery your Doc. is planning yet? I don't remember seeing that (sorry if I missed it)

Take care!
Aimee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2005, 12:27 PM
TAH-BSO Scheduled

Hi Boxerlady,

I had TAH/BSO because endo was found. I was off ERT for two weeks but it wasn't pleasant so my gyn gave me premarin which made me very nauseous and then I tried Climara 2nd lowest dose. My gyn said that the estrogen was so low it was unlikely to cause the endo to return. This dose will protect my bones but doesn't take away all the menopause symptoms.

I think the thing that is important is that we have to be patient. I also thought I was doomed for an unhappy furture and lower life expectancy. (I am rather a worry wart). After a few months I started to get used to the symptoms of sudden menopause. Hot/cold flashes are very tolerable, my main complaint is the dryness and my joints hurt big time. Over time things definitely have improved as my body adjusts. So I think my advice to you is to hang in there and don't expect instant results. It COULD take your body a year to adjust but maybe not.

I feel pretty good on the Climara, it is easy to use. It doesn't stick on some people but I found a way for it to work for me. I do wish you all the best.

Oh yes, prior to my surgery I only went on one site about hyst and it scared me so much I never looked again. My mom and two sisters had hysts so I felt all would be ok.
Unread 07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
TAH-BSO Scheduled

Wow I think you are blessed to come out so well libido and all! I have looked into some natural treatments for symptoms and to me it looks like black cohosh, red clover and wild yam mixes seem to be very effective. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you would ever feel you need something. Its been nice chatting Please stay in touch. Keep telling me good news it is so nice to hear great experiences. I may just make it through this waiting period thanks to women like you. Sharon
Unread 07-22-2005, 02:15 PM
TAH-BSO Scheduled

Quote:
Originally Posted by csafrica19
Hi Boxerlady,

I had TAH/BSO because endo was found. I was off ERT for two weeks but it wasn't pleasant so my gyn gave me premarin which made me very nauseous and then I tried Climara 2nd lowest dose. My gyn said that the estrogen was so low it was unlikely to cause the endo to return. This dose will protect my bones but doesn't take away all the menopause symptoms.

I think the thing that is important is that we have to be patient. I also thought I was doomed for an unhappy furture and lower life expectancy. (I am rather a worry wart). After a few months I started to get used to the symptoms of sudden menopause. Hot/cold flashes are very tolerable, my main complaint is the dryness and my joints hurt big time. Over time things definitely have improved as my body adjusts. So I think my advice to you is to hang in there and don't expect instant results. It COULD take your body a year to adjust but maybe not.

I feel pretty good on the Climara, it is easy to use. It doesn't stick on some people but I found a way for it to work for me. I do wish you all the best.

Oh yes, prior to my surgery I only went on one site about hyst and it scared me so much I never looked again. My mom and two sisters had hysts so I felt all would be ok.
Hi Csafrica19, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. This site has helped me already. I just don't know that many people who have gone down this road even though I am forty one. So making friends in this way is really giving me courage to be strong and focus on the positive parts of my life which are many. I just don't want to be changed into a completely different person as a result of losing hormones. I want to stay happy and active not right away of course. I am in a way looking forward to some down time. I have alot of photos to organize and thing like that. Anyway, I appreciate your hooking into this site to help us who have not yet had the surgery.
Unread 07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi from me THANKS for the advice

Thanks for responding into my quandry. It is nice to not feel so all alone. But, overall I am grateful that I have some time here, now that the last endo attack is over. The worst ever... it made me have no reservations about what needs to be done, I can tell you that for sure. And so my main focus now is spending time with my family my boxer puppy as you may have guessed and just getting in a relaxed state of mind. I am going to start long walks tom to help me have some alone time and exercise too. Might help the recovery a bit. My doctor has to so an abdominal hyst because the prev surg in 2001 was a mess the when I had a pelvic lap. I wasn't ready and I am glad I didn't because we got a bonus baby in 02 that no one thought was possible. One ovary and Stage four Endo doesn't make for great odds. Anyway so nice to talk to you. I am glad you have recovered well. Hope that you stay in touch

I also have a 12 yr old and an 8 yr old that have been very helpful during my recovery. Although my 8 yr. old has at times said he wishes his summer could have been more fun. I just tell him that this was something I needed to do and that it wouldn't have been that different anyway, then he says yeah your prob. right. It sounds like fun to have a few special times before surgery and also your DH sounds like a fun Dad, that will help the kids make it through.

Do you know yet what type of surgery your Doc. is planning yet? I don't remember seeing that (sorry if I missed it)

Take care!
Aimee[/quote]
Unread 07-22-2005, 05:51 PM
TAH-BSO Scheduled

Boxerlady,
I'm now 6wks and 4 days post op. Had TAH,no ovaries, NO REGRETS. Not on HRT. Taking multivitamins and extra calcium. Gone back to work, job is physical, tired but still better than before. I'm 54 so already in perimenopause, nothing really different. Had one spot not completely healing, so no intercourse for a little longer. DH is wonderful and desire for him is still there(not too old yet) Hang in there and this web site will help more than you can imagine. The ladies are GREAT. Good luck and God bless. (Before the surgery I was really nervous too.)
butterflies
Unread 07-23-2005, 06:51 AM
TAH-BSO Scheduled

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies
Boxerlady,
I'm now 6wks and 4 days post op. Had TAH,no ovaries, NO REGRETS. Not on HRT. Taking multivitamins and extra calcium. Gone back to work, job is physical, tired but still better than before. I'm 54 so already in perimenopause, nothing really different. Had one spot not completely healing, so no intercourse for a little longer. DH is wonderful and desire for him is still there(not too old yet) Hang in there and this web site will help more than you can imagine. The ladies are GREAT. Good luck and God bless. (Before the surgery I was really nervous too.)
butterflies
Thank butterflies It is nice to know that there can be life w/o Hrt. I think I may have to go w/o because of the severe endometiosis that I have. I really don't want to run the risk of anymore surgery, I think 5 is enough. I am not feeling sorry for myself. I know there are alot of ladies who have had it worse then that. Well, I am glad you chatted with me and you are an inspiration to me to be strong and ride the storm out if one comes my way. Take care And stay well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register