What is happening to me? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is happening to me? What is happening to me?

Unread 07-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Re: What is happening to me?

Hi same day sister. I kept busy and reached out to friends even just by email or SMS. Now in hospital waiting area. I wish they would let you in room before so I could relax but here just wait in waiting area before. 3 hours to go. Best wishes to all the Princesses in training today. Off to try reading a book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2012, 07:00 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really do appreciate all the responses and you have eased my mind. I can't wait to get in touch with each of you when it's done. Please continue to keep me in your prayers and I thank God that I have "sisters" that understand what I am going through.
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:18 PM

I will be praying for you! My surgery is tomorrow too, and I'm a rolling ball of emotions! I finished my bowel prep a few hours ago and I honestly think it made me feel worse. this site has helped me the past few days and now I think I'll be on here all night! It's comforting to read everyone's experience, and to know that others are going to the castle tomorrow too! Wishing you a speedy recovery! (hugs)
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM

I was on this site most of the night before my surgery too. I don't think I slept at all. But now I am 3.5 weeks post op and the night before seems like a blur. Am praying for all of you tomorrow.
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:28 PM

Agreed, the night before is the worst, I made sure my will was properly filled n and wrote out all the internet passwords for hubby just in case LOL! Seems funny now, but at the time it was horrible. This time tomorrow it will all be over and you will be full of some great drugs I am nearly 5 weeks out and already feeling so much better, this will be worth it.
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:23 PM

To all my same day sisters, I wish you well and a speedy recovery. I will keep you in my prayers! I am still up..trying to get some rest but it's a bit difficult. Can't wait for this to be over with and be on my way to recovery.
Unread 07-15-2012, 10:32 PM

Jadie, I don't know your whole story of why you have to have the surgery, but it is a very emotional surgery in any case. It will be ok. Lean on friends and family and tell them you are scared and they will hold you together...afterward you will have time during healing to process all of this better and grow and it will be ok.

Hugs. Prayers and lots of love!
Unread 07-15-2012, 10:47 PM

Just adding my prayers and support to all of you sisters who will be having surgery tomorrow. I understand all of the emotions that you are sharing, and went through it as well. I'm a list maker and that helped to keep me busy and distracted. Told all my kids I love them, and hubby was with me till they wheeled me into the OR. I also had a literal army of lady friends who were praying for me, and I honestly felt that I was resting on their prayers instead of the hospital bed. All of my fears and worries were addressed one by one and I felt completely taken care of. I will be praying for each of you tonight and tomorrow and through this week! Bless you!
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:59 AM

I'm so glad that you found this site before your surgery! Everyone is so supportive! This was my first surgery ever and I had no idea what to expect. I didn't find this site until after my surgery and I am so glad to have the support of others who are going through the same thing. I had chronic back pain before my surgery due to the large fibroids and large uterus. I feel sooooo much better now! It's great to be pain free! I know it's scary beforehand. I'm praying for you and all your same day sisters! Keep posting!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register