Really LONG post but need your help post op ladies! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really LONG post but need your help post op ladies! Really LONG post but need your help post op ladies!

Unread 01-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Really LONG post but need your help post op ladies!

I am scheduled for a TAH on 2/17. I did not get a second opinion either. I had been to several doc who wanted to put me on this pill or that pill b/c it was all in my head. I have been with this doc for 4 1/2 years. I trust him! He has never pushed me to have the hyst, and has left that decision up to me. I think that trusting your doc is very important. My dd had painful and problem periods from the time she started. I had her to every gyno around, and by the time she was 19 she was bleeding so heavy and in so much pain she was vomiting for days with her periods. I took her to this doc that I now have and he literally saved her from having to have a total hyst. She was full of endo and both of her tubes are totally blocked. But she still has a chance of having a baby. The reason I am telling this is b/c her story is somewhat similar that we searched (not as long tho) for an answer and found a doc that was willing to help us and not just put her off. I am not saying that you shouldnt get a second opinion, but think about how much you really trust this doc. I will pray for you and Good luck with your decision.
chele.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2004, 08:19 PM

Like a few of the other responders said....it is really a quality of life issue.
It's been extremely hard on you, and your family.
I am 5 month post-op. I have no regrets.
It shouldn't be the "norm" but it is amaising how many women have problems. of course you don't hear about them all till something like this come up, it really is sad.
I find my life to be alot easier now without pain, and bleeding, and having to organise my life around pads.
I think if you read the replies to the post-ops you will see how many women are happy, and more comfortable that they did it.
It won't be easy in the beginning, it is a slow recovery but I think the reward is worth it!
Good luck
Unread 01-31-2004, 09:41 PM

Jessilyn68:

You asked me about the uterus. I read a book that was in the recommended reading section and in it it said " Discoveries show that the uterus plays a pivotal role in keeping the ovaries healthy. Substances from the uterus appear to control hormonal secretions from the ovaries....." "....the uterus interconnects with the nervous system....the uterus influences the beta endorphins (which are associated with emotional well being)" I realize that not everything I read is true or up to date but now i'm thinking that ignorance is bliss about certain things.

anyway....it's not like i'm attached to my uterus or anything like that. We're done having children (my hubby was clipped 7 years ago) and i'm turning 37 in April.

I'm going to do what someone recommended. I'm putting the books away and i'm not going to think about it for a couple of days. Clear my head so to speak. I go for a pre-op with my gyn on Feb 10 to go over the procedure. I completely trust him - he makes me feel like i'm his only patient! Even called the house twice after doing my lap to see how I was and his kids are in the same basketball league as mine).

Thanks everyone. Reading your posts have been very calming when I was really upset! I know I can't continue on how I have been because, really, 22 years is way too long to have been dealing with this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register