Abdominal support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal support Abdominal support

Unread 09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Abdominal support

Any ideas on the best way to support your abdomen after a TAH/BSO? They gave me an abdominal support binder which is about 12-14 inches high, and it is a major pain in the butt. I am thinking of ordering the abdominal binder from they HysterSisters store (wish I'd gotten the Swelly Belly one!), but am also wondering if those support briefs/body briefs (like the ones by Bali and Spanx) in the firm support would work. I had my mom/daughter go buy me two pair of the Bali ones yesterday, but all they could find was the light support (like those sold here), and while it feels wonderful, it just doesn't feel like quite enough.

Anyone else tried anything? I looked on the forums but couldn't find quite the answer I was looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Abdominal Support

I use both types of support. Full control panties, and an 8" support belt. The belt I originally started wearing about 2 wks after my TAH during the day, but not all day, just a couple hrs at a time to give my tummy muscles a break, or when going in a vehicle, it protected from extra roughness. Then I discovered sleeping with it. That was great, it gave me more sleeping position options, like rolling to my side. I'm at 8wks post op now and I still use it to sleep with. The belt is also great for holding an icepack in place.
One other trick I tried and it helped immensly was to put a thin strip of memory foam across my incision, and the full support panties kept it in place while I was at work. I went back to work at 4wks. What a relief under clothing.
I tried the spanx, that I already own, but I found they were just too snug, and I felt it was causing me to swell even worse. I probably would've needed a size bigger because of the swelling.
Unread 09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Abdominal support

ive been wearing the one they gave me which is about 10inches or more wide my doctor recommended to wear it all the time the first six weeks and I really find it helps with movements and walking .............if I don't wear it I feel a lot more soreness and etc,,,,,,my biggest problem is sometimes the velcor doesn't want to stick like it should and pop it goes so if I wear it away from home Iam always afraid it will pop and fall off :~( l did order one from here too so will see how that works when I get it........I feel the support has been great to help me with comfort and all........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Abdominal support

The support binder from this site is phenominal!!!! I LOVE it. It is so much better that the generic one they give you in the hospital. It is so much narrower and fits exactly where it should to give the proper support.

Just remember NOT to make it too tight since it WILL cause swelling if you aggravate the healing tissues.

Remember, it is for support to make your day EASIER, it isn't a magic cure.
Unread 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Abdominal support

I wore my binder lower than at first. I could feel it on my thighs as I walked. I wore denim jumpers for about 5wks so the binder being so low as not a problem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register