Phantom pains where uterus was...am I crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phantom pains where uterus was...am I crazy? Phantom pains where uterus was...am I crazy?

Unread 06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Phantom pains where uterus was...am I crazy?

Ok I know this sounds really crazy, but I have been having throbing pains in the area where the uterus had been. Anyone know what I am talking about ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Re: Phantom pains where uterus was...am I crazy?

Since your surgery was quite a while ago, one thought, could be your intestines. It's often a very similar feeling to menstrual cramps.

Take care,
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:44 AM

I don't think you sound crazy. I've had all sorts of aches and pains and just having had surgery makes me think that they are more than they really are. The other night I rolled over in bed and had a pain in my right side. The next morning, it was gone but I was telling my husband about it and realized it was probably a gas bubble that I would have thought nothing about normally, but because of the recent surgery I notice every single thing.

It's not all in our heads, we are not crazy, we really had surgery and it takes time for things to settle down! I hope the pain you're experiencing is not too much or too distressing. If so, a call to the doc may be in order.

But no, you're not crazy.

Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2009, 12:18 PM

yes me too sorta. i have pains left lower side. sometimes back. my surgery was a year ago today. sometimes like a pinching feeling. i dont know but youd think a year later we would be fine!
Unread 06-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Have you checked with your doctor? You might be having some issues with your ovaries. Other possibilities could include adhesions, GI issues, and even bladder problems.

S
Unread 06-11-2009, 03:43 PM

My insurance co. ( voc rehab) considers this case closed since I have not had any problems in a while, so, going to see my doctor is going to be a little tricky. Anyhow, it's not unbearable or anything like that, I just really thought I would be 100% after almost a year. It is reassuring to see that other ladies are also having similar pinches, twinges, and pains. That tells me that it could just be part of it all. I do seriously worry about adhesions though. My bladder feels very " touchy" all the time, and my leakage is back. Is that consistent with adhesions? Thanks everybody!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register