another SEX question!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

another SEX question!!!! another SEX question!!!!

Unread 10-09-2001, 07:04 PM
another SEX question!!!!

Hi all,

Let me start by saying Hi my name is Denise and I am an addict. HYSTERSISTER ADDICT that is. I had company this weekend ( Canada Thanksgiving) and could not come on line, I missed coming here so much. I actually come and did some reading on Sunday while everyone was busy at something else. I come here every day. The best site on the web. Thanks to all who are here for the love and support.

Now to more serious stuff. A little history, I had a biopsy and it comfirmed Adenomyosis. My question in the sex dept. is, Is it common for one with adeno to have alot of pain during sex, my DH is wonderful and doesn't want to cause me any more pain that I already have. But as time goes on it seems that its getting more and more painful. Uterine pain as well as bladder pain. I sure hope someone can help with this one. The pain is very intense during and then it lasts into the next day as well.

Talked to my gyn's office last week and they are sending me the consent forms to sign so that I can get on the waiting list at the hospital as it is six months wait here. And I won't be seeing my gyn till Nov. So at least we are finally getting the wheels in motion to get this surgery done. Can't wait to be pain and period free.

Thanks again for all your love and support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2001, 07:35 PM
another SEX question!!!!

Hi Denise

I had a TAH/Bladder Repair on 9/17 for Adenymosis. However, I did not have painful intercourse before surgery. Of course, i have not tried post op yet, as it is too soon. S

The condition caused severe clots and bleeding to my cycle. Sorry, no help on the pain during intercourse question.

Hope you get your surgery scheduled soon.
Unread 10-09-2001, 08:38 PM
another SEX question!!!!

During certain positions intercourse is painful or uncomfortable. We just avoid those positions and take it easy. My husband and I told the gyn this last week when she asked and my husband started to squirm in his chair. This was his first time in a gyn office, let alone talking to a gyn in an exam room, talking about our sex life. I apologized to him and told him I realized this was uncomfortable for him. He said "No, I was just trying to figure out how I could take credit for this." Men...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2001, 08:57 PM
another SEX question!!!!

Thanks baskernut and wendymoo for your reply it really helps to know there is someone out there I can talk to. Unfortunatly it doesn't matter what position for us, it just hurts.
Have an appt with my gp tomorrow I will talk to him as well.
Will update you.
Unread 10-10-2001, 07:30 PM
another SEX question!!!!

Hi...just wanted to suggest that you run a search on Adenomyosis using our search engine (little purple button at the top of each page)...you may find some additional answers on other threads on this condition.

Sending you BIG HUGS...I hope you get your date scheduled very soon so you can get back to a healthy, happy life!

Karen
Unread 10-10-2001, 07:41 PM
another SEX question!!!!

Hi Denise Welcome to Hyster Sisters - I'm always especially happy to welcome fellow canadian sisters

I can't answer your question regarding adeno and pain during intercourse. I didn't have my hyst for Adeno, but for fibroid.

While it is very plausible that adeno could be causing your discomfort, I would suggest discussing the issue with your doctor. I know, it's never something we enjoy discussing with our doctors, but it is essential. Believe me: he/she will understand and it could be a matter of importance.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards. Please, keep us informed.

Lots of 's
Unread 10-11-2001, 12:16 AM
another SEX question!!!!

Hi, Denise! They say misery loves company so I know you'll like me! I, too, suffer from painful intercourse from adenomyosis! Doesn't matter which position or time of cycle! I attribute it to a few things. One, the tenderness and enlargement of the uterus itself makes any weight on my abdomen painful! Even hurts when the kids come up and hug me. Two, pressure on the bladder. Three, over the years I've had "bouts" with adenomyosis (odd that mine came and went) and each time my entire pelvic/genital area was extremely sensitive. Like every nerve was raw. and Lastly, I think pain causes a person to tense. I'm constantly clenching my jaw from the pain and it makes my neck hurt, I get headaches..... My whole body aches! Anyway - I am one hyster sister that can definitely relate to what you're going through! My OB/GYN wasn't at all surprised that sex was painful. It was one of the first questions he asked me when he suspected adenomyosis.

I'm sorry you have to wait so long for your surgery! This time around the aden. seems to be here to stay - I'm having a TAH on 10/22. When I'm fully recovered and "back in the saddle again" I'll be sure to let you know if it's pain-free! ;0)
Unread 10-11-2001, 06:00 AM
another SEX question!!!!

I had adeno too, and had painful sex. When it wasn't painful (the pain came and went) I was so busy WAITING for the pain that I couldn't really enjoy. So I can relate to your situation, and I can say that things are so much better in that department now that surgery is over! So after you heal you should have a much better sex life.
Unread 10-11-2001, 12:26 PM
another SEX question!!!!

Thank you ladies for your replys, I did talk to my dr yesterday and he said he in not suprised at all that I am having lots of pain. The only thing he could suggest was that the surgery will make things better. Glad to hear that, now its just the wait. Thank goodness for such a supportive and understanding DH. He has been through so much with me over the years, with infertility, fertility drugs (and all their side effects) and now this. He is awsome, we will be celebrating 12 years married on the 21 of this month.
Thanks again.
Unread 10-11-2001, 01:02 PM
Hulloooo Duckies :grin:

I totally agree this is the best site on the web.

As a sister adeno sufferer (past tense), I can only speak of the difference the hyst has made to my life, no more planning the sex so that the pain won't interfere with work, or having to be near the loo. I am now able to return to nursing something I had to leave 2 years ago as my quality of life was nil, if it wasn't for DH I have no idea how I could have coped.

I had a hyst in July and feel GRRREEEAATTT!!!! :jumping:, all aspects of life are unbelieveable I've got a life for the first time in over 15 years, no pain, no clots, no bleeding every 2 weeks(yahay), I don't fear the after effects of sex.

For me the surgery has been worth all the post op discomfort.

Philomena

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register