When do they stiches start dissolivng? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When do they stiches start dissolivng? When do they stiches start dissolivng?

Unread 06-08-2005, 08:23 AM
When do they stiches start dissolivng?

When do they stiches start dissolving? Unfortunatly my doctor went on a 3 weeks vacation 5 days after my surgery and her fill in isnt alot of help when I ask questions. She makes me feel stupid or like shes not listening to me. This is the first surgery I have ever had so I dont really understand alot of what is going on with myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2005, 08:53 AM

Everyone is dealing with healing differently, for me, the internal stiches started to dissolve at about 4 weeks. I did not have any external stitches, just staples, and they came out at about 5 days post op, when I returned to the doc, he removed them.
Hope this helps some.
snickers
Unread 06-08-2005, 09:32 AM

At my three week check up Dr. said my stitches were disolving and that I should notice small thread like pieces in my underwear. Well I just passed 5 weeks yesterday and still no pieces in my underwear... So I really am wondering the same thing. I had a TVH and at three weeks was cleared of all restrictions except heavy lifting. Personally I think I'm quite healed already. No more discomfort - each day gets better.
Life is great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2005, 04:39 PM

My DR said they would start dissolving at 3-5 weeks and would continue to dissolve for up to 6 months. I saw one thread a week ago, but that's all I've seen. Some women see them and some do not, so don't worry about it if you don't. We're all different.
Ashley
Unread 06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
stitches

At my six week checkup my doc said all stitches were intact. This Fri it will be 12 week. This last week I have noticed alot of blue in the toilet and my underwear. (This is the color of thread she used.) Last week I was also in FL doing the Disney thing and lots of walking so I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Any how I am feeling much much better and don't have to worry about scheduleing things around my period yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register