my belly feels numb??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my belly feels numb??? my belly feels numb???

Unread 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
my belly feels numb???

i am 6 days post-op.overall feeling great.i just have one question.a small area on my belly still feels numb?is that normal.no fever or redness just numb.I had a medicine ball while i was in the hospital,it was like novacaine or something that kept that area numb.the Dr took it out the day i came home,and it still feels numb?has anyone had this happen to them?i am just a little concerned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2005, 07:09 PM
my belly feels numb???

I'm 6 weeks post-op today. My belly is still sort of numb, but it's getting better day by day.
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:33 PM
my belly feels numb???

My belly is numb as well 2 weeks post op...but I also remember from my c-section years ago that I always had a little odd numbness around the incision after it healed and it would occasionally itch even though it was 7 years ago....I'm sure this one will be the same for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2005, 09:07 PM
my belly feels numb???

I have some numbness above my TAH incision, but it seems to be getting less as time goes by. I'm not worried about it.
Unread 12-05-2005, 09:22 PM
my belly feels numb???

Hey, 18 days post op TAH. I was freaked out about the weird numb feeling, mainly above my incision, too. As of now there are only a couple of spots that feel numb and I have been told that with time all will be fine again. Ha, there have been a couple of days when I wouldn't have minded total numbness :eyes: Best to you and yours!
Unread 12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
my belly feels numb???

Thanks to all. I thought I was going crazy. My TAH was three weeks ago and I feel numb from the scar up to my belly button. I am glad someone ask this question.
I have had three other surgeries and this one is so different.
Unread 12-06-2005, 01:47 PM
my belly feels numb???

I posted a warning about this before and as strange as it sounds be careful with the numbness. I had surgery in April and I still have a numb spot on my belly. In October I was sitting next to a camp fire and ended up with a burn (an inch by an inch and a half, two inches) on my stomach because I couldn't feel that it was getting too hot. It blistered, popped and is STILL not healed (but it's about the size of a quarter now instead of a half dollar). The doctor said it will take a lot longer since I have no feeling there. I always worried about reaching for something over the stove and not realizing I was touching the hot burner....didn't do that...yet....
Unread 12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
my belly feels numb???

During surgery nerves get cut and numbness can occur. I still have patches in my groin and upper thighs, which are slowly recovering. The surgeon said it can take up to 6 months

Boy all the things you find out after the fact!

Unread 12-06-2005, 03:08 PM
my belly feels numb???

I'm a little over 4 weeks post-op and I still have quite a bit of numbness from the incision up to my belly button. I had another surgery about 4 years ago and I remember that happening then as well. That is when I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis. It will eventually stop feeling that way. It just takes time.
Unread 12-06-2005, 04:26 PM
my belly feels numb???

im almost three months post from bikini cut tah and i have a large numb area running from just below my suture line to just above my vaginal area on the left side. it is very annoying and not getting any better. the right side is fine but the left side is driving me nuts. was told by surgeon about the nerves getting cut and it will get better. just waiting here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register