im going for my follow up today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

im going for my follow up today im going for my follow up today

Unread 06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
im going for my follow up today

My 2 week follow up. I am looking forward to it because I want to be able to drive but I am not looking forward to it because I am still bleeding and I know she is going to be poking around in there. I think I will put my pain pills in my purse just in case. I feel perty good except for the bleeding and I feel a little anemic. I am still sore and expect to be that way but not enough that it keeps me down. I just have no energy and I am tired all the time. I was anemic with both pregnancies so I suspect this could be the same. Wish me luck everyone and I will be thinking of the wonderful support you have all given me. Thanks ladies and I will report back in this afternoon.
Hugs,
Theresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 11:11 AM

Theresa,

Hope your appt goes well. You may want to take that pain pill before you go. The nurse who scheduled my appt told me to take one before just in case. I was glad I did. I think that just knowing I had taken it helped me to be more relaxed.

Fallflower
Unread 06-27-2006, 11:25 AM

good idea.. thanks for that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 04:00 PM

I am back from my appt. At least I know why I have been bleeding. I have a hematoma in there. She sqeezed it and got most of the blood and puss out and hope that fixes it but if it closes and fills back up she might have to go back in. She also said it was another reason my bm's have been so painful and that should be better now too. I am cleared to
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM

Theresa,

Glad to hear that you at least know now what the problem was. Rest and be good to yourself. I was so glad when I was finally able to drive. It is hard feeling stuck in the house. Hope things heal well for you.

Fallflower
Unread 06-27-2006, 07:39 PM

Hi... I as well as you had my hysterectomy on June 14th Im finally feeling somewhat feeling HUMAN again...I went to my doctors on the 19th to get my staples out..That hurt...I was so out of it from the pain meds and other drugs it really didnt matter ...haha..I ahve 3 kids and they think Im fine now as well as my husband does too...he doesnt unnderstand why Im so grouchy sometimes...You know how it goes ...as soon as our feet hits the floor we are BETTER...not true..

Im very thankful that this website is here ...

God Bless...Barb
Unread 06-27-2006, 09:08 PM

I am going for mine this thursday and that is the one thing I am looking forward to driving. I also am spotting, light in color and pussie looking, I am hoping nothing wrong. Good luck on your recovery...
Unread 06-27-2006, 09:10 PM

I am going for mine this thursday and that is the one thing I am looking forward to driving. I also am spotting, light in color and pussie looking, I am hoping nothing wrong. Good luck on your recovery...
Unread 06-27-2006, 09:23 PM

I go in for a 3 week on 7/3 but am wondering the same thing as you - pelvic exam isnt sounding good. I did start driving today which is nice in terms of letting you escape from home. Walked about 2 1/2 miles this morning slowly and so far no bleeding, minimal brown discharge only. Let me know how the exam goes...
Unread 06-28-2006, 12:51 AM

I had my hysterectomy on June 14th also.I go Thursday for post op check up.I'm really not looking forwrd to the exam either.As far ready to drive,I'm not even ready to get out of the house. I can't even imagine having enough energy to fix my hair and put make up on.I still feel like just staying home with my gown on ALL DAY. I hope I get over this in time.I've always been one of those women who doesn't go anywhere without make up, and I havn't had a drop on since surgery .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register