One week to go, and I'm in a good place... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week to go, and I'm in a good place... One week to go, and I'm in a good place...

Unread 11-21-2011, 07:57 PM
One week to go, and I'm in a good place...

Pre op tomorrow and one week till surgery. I thought this would be the point where I would be stressing out, but I actually find myself feeling pretty peaceful. I have read like EVERYTHING on this website and anything else I could get my paws on. I have the holiday weekend to spend with my husband and kids, and to finish last minute preparations. All the major housekeeping is done, for the most part and all the holiday decorating can be done this weekend too.

I hope I feel this confident after my Pre op tomorrow, not to mention at 5:00 am next Tuesday morning when I check in at the hospital.

Good luck to all the sisters going with me and those who follow. Find your happy place, put your feet up and stay a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Re: One week to go, and I'm in a good place...

Sounds as if you have a good plan for the next week, and, that you have your house prepped for your down time.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Hugs...
Unread 11-22-2011, 03:30 AM

Glad you were able to get to this calm place, mentally - AND get all your preparations done!
I hope you'll feel even more confident after your pre-op. appt.

I certainly found the pre-op. great - in fact it was a major turning point for me, in providing the reassurance and knowledge I needed, plus meeting the people who would be involved in my surgery, etc.
We'll see you on the "other side" soon!
All the best - and Happy Thanksgiving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2011, 04:03 AM

you and me Ara, we will be on our way a week from today
now see my pre op was different,I just went to the outpatient building,and had ekg,blood work and urine culture,spoke with the dr the 20th of october.
so for me it is, walk into the hospital, sign in, and off you go
I am planning on bringing a box of candy for both the pre-op and post-op nurses, they always take great care of you, and around the holidays its always nice to bring something sweet:}
I am grocery shopping on black friday and cooking and re arranging the freezer this weekend while the DH is in Florida, and then next week
da da da da onto the castle
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:05 AM

Woohooo!
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:26 AM

Good luck to you guys. I am still a lady in waiting . I havent heard my preop date yet. Was wondering if I should call my obgyn office to find out why ? My TVH is December 5. I am still nervous about staying over in the hospital. I just want it to end soon . I havent gotten my Christmas decorations up yet. My hubby and the stepson are to help get that stuff this weekend. Then it will be done. I have my shopping to do yet . I will try to fit cookies in but with my job scheduling me to work everyday up to my day before date I have only 2 days off . I work in a hospital so its busy all the time .Good luck to all you soon to bes and prayers to you all . I hope to hear how it all goes. Happy Holidays.
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:13 AM

My PAT is today and my pre-op is on Nov 29th and TAH is Dec 2nd. I'm still a little nervous about the decision I made to have the TAH but I know for me it is the right decision. Good luck to everyone out there.
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:55 AM

I'm right with you Arawyn. My preop is tomorrow and surgery on the 29th. I feel fairly ready. I hope to pull out the Christmas decorations tomorrow or Thursday since I have to work the weekend shift at the hospital. The countdown has begun!
Unread 11-22-2011, 04:36 PM

It'll be nice to be able to share our experiences afterwards. Good luck to everyone!

MsMille - check with your doctors office and see if they scheduled you a pre-op and didnt tell you. It's been known to happen.
Unread 11-23-2011, 04:41 AM

My preop is Dec. 1. I go to DR. first thing. My TVH is 10:30am on the 5. Got my work schedule for Dec. I am scheduled for work the day before my TVH. to work late . I asked why . She wasnt aware I needed off .I think she did it to spite me because my weeks being off fall at holiday time . She made remarks in front me to others the schedule was a horrible mess and overtime everywhere and didnt know what to do . I was mad . Its not like I asked to schedule me on the holidays . I am so upset over all this . She asked why I dont call to find out why it was changed . I said he was out of town no one will tell me anything . She said make an appointment. I said Yeah . I will get right on that ! . I am sorry to blab on but I feel like I am being picked at. I love my job and would not risk losing it .I cant go on bleeding and cramping and working all the time . Maybe its just me . I dont know . I hope everyone that is soon to go in will be ok and have a fast recovery. May my count down begin.GOOD LUCK AND PRAYERS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register