i'm nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2003, 03:14 PM
i'm nervous

my friend told me about this site and it is so wonderful. my surgery is not until june 6th. i planned it that way so my kids would be out of school and baseball be over. but already it is driving me crazy!!! i keep thinking of all the little details. i am having a vaginal hyst with lapascropic. i am always in pain and have heavy periods with lot of clots. I keep thinking of all the things that I do every day. I work p/t and love my job. but i keep worrying about who will do what. what about cooking, cleaning, etc. i have a great circle of friends who say they are going to help. i am not one to ask for help. i really want my friends to just come over and visit not clean my house. my parents are close by (10 min) so they will help out with the kids. but my surgery is on my mind all the time. it is so nice to go to a site with people who are in the same boat as me. my dh is trying hard to understand what it is like but it is not the same. i can't wait until june!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2003, 03:23 PM
My Birthday!

You're having your LAVH on my birthday! Just for that, I know you'll do great.

I am also having LAVH, on April 1. You are very normal in what you are going through, you'll read over and over again on this site that the waiting is the hardest part. I'm glad my wait is getting shorter, but believe me, I've done my share of pacing the floor in my mind and I'll do more before this is done.

I found the best help in reading all I could on this site, and talking out questions and concerns. It may help you to organize your thoughts and questions if you write them down. And, you have some time to work out various plans of action for coverage of the household, etc while you are recovering.

Poor hubbies, they must feel so mystified by all that goes on in our lives! He'll try to help, and I'm sure he will be there for you. I'm glad you have family close by as well.

Keep reading and posting.. The waiting will pass by, I promise!!
Unread 03-21-2003, 03:35 PM
i'm nervous

I know that for many of us, we are so used to being caregivers and being in charge of household, etc., it can be a challenging to have to sit back and let others be in charge for awhile....but that is exactly what it will take for you to have a good recovery. So prepare as much as you can before your surgery and then enjoy being pampered, and letting others look after you for awhile. It's not often we get that opportunity! Sounds like you have a wonderful support network!

Also, there is alot of good information for you to read up in Pre-op and Post-Op hints:

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Page

Post-Op Hysterectomy Page

Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2003, 06:11 AM
LAVH!

Ladies, GOOD LUCK on your upcoming surgery!

I had an LAVH 7 weeks ago today and it was THE BEST thing I could have done for myself....and in my case, it was one of the easiest, too.

You will read on this fabulous site about all kinds of procedures, healing situations, etc and I want to make sure that you know what kind of experience I had. I hope it will make your time go by faster and with less fear, knowing that someone had a really great experience!

I won't bore you with too many of the details..feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions pertaining to my recovery, etc.

But, suffice it to say...I was in the hospital 1 night, experienced very little pain, drove at 1 week, was at work full time at 2 weeks, sent my caregivers home after 1 day since I didn't really need them.

I didn't lift or do anything I wasn't allowed to do for the first 6 weeks, but at 7 weeks I am back 100% doing everything and feel fantastic!!

So, prepare, read the info here to empower yourself with knowledge! I knew what to ask my Dr, I understood what her answers were and I was ready!

Let your families take care of you...you deserve it! I still wear my Crown with pride, even if I am back to doing all of my ususal "stuff"!

Have a great day!
Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register