NOW I'm nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NOW I'm nervous NOW I'm nervous

Unread 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
NOW I'm nervous

Just got a call from my doctor that because of all the scarring that my body has formed from the lap and endo in the past, I am scheduled for an abdominal hyst. (with ovaries because they are part of the problem) and now I'm really worried about recovery! I remember recovery after both of my c-sections and don't know how I'm going to do all that with 4 kids running around the house! It's not like having a baby where everyone is dying to run over and help. Suggestions? Support? Pep talk? Smiley face? My husband is wonderful but is not one to talk it out much~ just keeps saying we'll be fine and it has to be done so we are doing it... My mother says there is never a good time to do things so stop putting it off... Grrrr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Re: NOW I'm nervous

um...smiley face!

i had a vaginal hyster...and older kids.. so i don't know what to tell you.. except that i did need help for about 2 weeks......

i hope that you get the help you need

hugs,
jamesgirl
Unread 10-26-2010, 09:37 AM

You can count on me to share straight up.
PREOP:
1. DELEGATE....even little ones can help
2. LINE UP HELP....make a schedule
3. PRECOOK

POSTOP:
1. LET PEOPLE HELP
2. ACCEPT MEALS FROM EVERYONE
3. SAY YES and THANK YOU

*Remember if you allow people to Bless you it Blesses them

*Your ONLY job is to HEAL!!!!

*Buck up Buttercup it is your turn to be taken care of, let it happen....and trust me I KNOW how hard it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2010, 05:27 PM

Yup I agree PRE-cook, load the fridge up with stuff hubby and kids can make, I made lasagna, ribs (pre cooked), cold cuts, rolls, hot dogs, beans,,,etc. Catch up on your laundry, clean your house the way you want it, it will be quite a while before it's that clean again. TAke a bath, with all the niceties, it's the last one you'll have for a while. I don't know how old your kids are, but have a talk with the older ones and be honest, tell them you're going to need alot of help for a month or so. Once I explained to my kids that this was MAJOR surgery, but that I'll be fine, that I just need to rest and let my body heal they were fine (I have 2 sons 14 and 15). One son does the vacuuming, the other helps with the laundry. As far as cooking, after the 1st week, I was ok cooking, if there's something heavy to take out of the oven, ASK!! Once you're home from the hospital let hubby delegate to the kids.. mine seem to take things a whole lot more seriously when assignments come from my husband. The first week is the worst...after that you just learn that even though you feel better, does not make it ok to go back to normal and believe me your body will let you know when you over do it. But take care of yourself and cut yourself some slack, it sucks, but it's the only way you're going to recover quickly.

TAH<BSO
Took everything but the cervix

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register