Pre-op questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op questions Pre-op questions

Unread 02-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Pre-op questions

Well had my first flutterings of anxiety today, though I think it is more from trying to tie up the loose ends at work. Everyone was very well behaved and held back on the last minute piling on. Though I have had far too many flashes last week and weekend from little stressors.

I've already run through the questions from this site in my consult back in November and am just trying to come up with more. Anyone have special questions at their pre-op that we're outside of the scope of surgery questions?

I'm so ready for this surgery, I just want all to go well at preop so I can tie up loose ends at home and enjoy my "me" day on Wednesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 01:45 AM
Pre-op questions

Good luck! Things will be fine an this will all be over before you know it. I'm already three weeks out now.

Make sure you actually confirm with the insurance, not just the hospital, that the procedures and codes exactly match the procedures the doctor plans to do. Do not depend on the hospital to have this correct. In my case, it looks as though the code was the wrong one and now I'm awaiting a decision about payment. I was assured by the hospital on two occasions prior to my surgery that my insurance had pre-approved the surgery. They had but apparently the code for the request and the one for the actual surgery were switched the morning of the surgery.

So make sure all possible procedures are pre-approved. I was too busy trying to make sure the doctor and I were on the same page. In my case, the hard copy of the approval sent to my home did not arrive until AFTER the surgery. I traveled 600 miles from home to have LSH done by a skilled and experienced surgeon. I could have had LAVH done locally although I was told my fibroid was to large for that technique by my home gyn. So really it was TAH or LSH. I'm for the easier surgery.
Unread 02-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Pre-op questions

Hi Dogger! I seen we have the same surgery date and I just wanted to wish you the best on Thursday. I now I sure am ready for the waiting game to be over.

Just25
TAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Pre-op questions

thanks ladies I'm lucky my insurance is the hospital so when they decide it is time there is no delay or paperwork beyond signing all of the pre op stuff. I was talking to a friend at work who had to speak with the pharmacuetical company to get her lupron and handle all of the paperwork (different plan) what a pain.

See you all over in post op Just25 glad to see one of my Day sisters...wishing you the best on your surgery as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register