Looking for August sisters - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Looking for August sisters Looking for August sisters

Unread 07-11-2001, 09:46 AM
August Sister - 2nd Try!

I apologize to all for my very short message early this AM. I hit a wrong button, which ended my message, then my system locked up! Anyway, wanted to let other August sisters know that yesterday I got my surgery date confirmed for August 20th, with my Pre-Op this Friday. I'm scheduled for a TVH, with major pelvic floor repair work, i.e., rectocele, cystourethrocele, and uterine prolapse - yuck. Dr. tells me it won't be as bad as I'm anticipating it, but don't know if that really helps my nervousness or not! I have had asthma and a chronic allergy cough for the past 5 years, and no one told me that coughing that much would make my insides fall out, ha. Have been struggling with menopausal symptoms for the past 5 years too, and still haven't got my hormones in balance. So I'm not so worried about the hormone thing afterwards cause it will be what I'm used to. One thing I've learned these last 5 years is to be proactive, which is good. I love this site, so glad my friend told me about it, and welcome any words of encouragement and/or info. from anyone who knows about these procedures, this repair work seems like a lot. I am especially interested to learn as much as I can about recovery time. I am a counselor and work out of my home and am wanting an idea about when I will be able to start seeing clients again, when will I have the energy to resume my work? I'm self-employed so I need to be seeing clients again as soon as I can. Am considering doing phone counseling at first. Wishing all of you the best. My e-mail address is ekcd@home.com if you want to write to me directly, I'd be glad to share anything that I know too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2001, 02:49 PM
Hello Ladies

Wow! 3 new August sisters.
Welcome, Hoping 4 better aka Sue, MichelE. and Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper, in answer to your question, I am having my hyst. due to uterine prolapse. As Michele E., I to have pelvic relaxation. But a difference is that 5 years ago I had surgery for my cystocele and rectocele. Shortly after that, my uterus decided that since nothing was in the way anymore it would just go down south. LOL

Michele, the operation for my cystocele and rectocele was the best thing I did for myself. The only regret was not having enough info to ask gyn at the time to do all 3 procedures. Gyn nerver suggested it.

Michele E. have you gone to "pelvic floor.com" or looked up the thread on the pre-op message board untitled FYI : Helpful links. You could do a search on pelvic relaxation and see what comes up. Hope you find the answers you are seeking. Take care,

Unread 07-11-2001, 02:59 PM
August surgery

Hi,
I will have a TAH/BSO on August 10. So far I'm not nervous about it. It scared me the most when they kept doing tests to rule out cancer. Found none. So, now am just looking forward to the day when finally am healed and no more bleeding and pain. I am very overweight though and he said that could cause more problems with wound healing and things. This will also be the first time I have ever had any type of surgery.

I have already made a list of what all to take with me and put up a recipe on the fridge for my hubby to have brownies ready for my return home. (no wonder I'm fat!!! lol )

Good luck to everyone.

I am so lucky to have found this site. It's great isn't it!

Patricia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2001, 06:34 PM
Looking for August sisters

Hello August Sister & Twins (triplets?) on my date 08/14 rincess:

Today I started an exercise program to get me into a little better shape before the surgery.

Then I had a big scare at work when I met with my benefits analyst :dragon: and she told me I get 2/3 of my pay from disability UP TO $ 400.00 WEEK!! I told her my car payment is $ 475.00 a month & my rent is $ 2200.00 a month!

So now I have money worries on top of all of this. Well, I'm not going to worry about it - I think I'll just pray

Until later,
Unread 07-11-2001, 07:43 PM

Hi all you August sisters! I am so enjoying reading everyone's posts and have gained more confidence in my decision to have TVH August 15th. I have been doing a ton of reading also, and if my ovaries are good, which thru scope they seemed to be, I will keep them. Thinking I want to keep cervix tho- anyone have thoughts on that? and that most likely means a TAH .... I too am a bit scared but know this is the best thing for my adeno. Good luck to you all with upcoming "events"! Thanks for all the advice so far! Till next time!

Cheers!

Marilee (Funshine)
Unread 07-13-2001, 06:36 AM

Hi all you august liw's. I am an august sister from 2000. I kept my ovaries because they were perfectly healthy. I think that they took about 7 or 8 weeks to kick back in and start working. Unfortunately the radiation treatment has 'killed' them off and I am now on HRT. If your ovaries are healthy and there is no reason to have them removed then I would definately keep them because the hormone jungle is no fun. This is a matter to discuss with your DR. Best of luck to you all and please remember that I am here to hold your hand . Love always , your 'older' sister x x
Unread 07-13-2001, 09:19 AM
Another August Princess

Hello to all August LIW's, I am anxiously awaiting my trip on 8/24. I am looking forward to not having pain, bleeding and discomfort for most of every month. I am only 40 years old and have been going thru this for the last 15 years, and I am scared, but I believe that I will feel better once this is over. I love this site and would like to hear from other August LIW. I am currently taking Darvocet 2 every 4 hrs to control my pain and cramps and its getting to the point that it is not enough. I could not live another year like this. I have learned from this site that I am not the only person walking thru the world suffering and your support has been a real help to me. Good luch to you all. See you on the other side of the castle.

LAVH 8/24, Endo, Fibroids, hoping to keep my ovaries but we will see.
Unread 07-13-2001, 12:16 PM
Big Day

My big day is the 15th of August. I guess I am having mixed feelings about this. On one hand I am glad that I won't have to worry about planning things around "that time of the month", but on the other hand it's sad to know that I will not be able to have any more kids.

Debbie
aka Zorberella
Unread 07-13-2001, 02:46 PM

Ladies,
Have just gotten back from YET another appointment with Doc and she informed me that the veins in my Uterus are over enlarged! My mother told me tha when the ydid her Hyster, hers were the size of a mans thumb! Has anyone had this problem or heard of it?????
Kris
Unread 07-13-2001, 07:48 PM
Hello Ladies

Welcome Lynn2000 and Zorberella to the August bunch. Our numbers kept growing.

Lynn2000, it sounds like you are ready for this. Enough is enough and a girl got to do what a girl got to do. lol

Zorberella, aka Debbie it looks like that you have a twin, Funshine shares the same date as you.

Dr. Pepper, aka Kris do you have a date yet? And sorry I do not know anything about enlarged veins in the uterus. But did you ask this question on the post-op board since some sister would only find out from surgery report that uterine veins where enlarged. Let us know

Take care,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register