health problems post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

health problems post op health problems post op

Unread 09-03-2005, 09:42 AM
health problems post op

I had my surgery over a year ago and had a really quick recovery. So....I guess I am not sure if my current problems have anything to do with the surgery. I just don't seem as healthy. Maybe it is my age....39 in Oct?
I am suffering from acid reflux and none of the meds work and my doc is bewildered. I am currently trying reglan. I think I need a root canal in two teeth I had crowned 5 months ago because they had both cracked and the dentist did not know why. I also have muscle pain on one side...doc says nerve or disc problem. Seems weird to have all these problems at once. Anyone have any input? The acid reflux is the worst!! The doc suggested an upper endoscopy test but when I told him it cost $2500 and my insurance would not touch it, he suggested I wait...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 01:27 PM
health problems post op

I also had my surgery over 1 year ago in July 2004. I'm still recovering emotionally as well as physically - I still have fatigue and I feel that my immune system was somehow compromised by this surgery.
I don't have any regrets about the surgery as the hysterectomy has improved the quality of my life in so many ways but it is still major surgery.
I think that everyone heals differently and as you get older (I'm 43) the body may take a little longer to heal. During my first year I have experience a series of colds, migranes (which I've never had before) and anxiety.
I take try to take it day by day.
Unread 09-03-2005, 03:37 PM
health problems post op

Don't know if any/all your health problems are due to surgery but my headaches due to hormone's are a thing of the past so far.My bladder/bowel problems are gone too.And,after being on previcid for 4 +years I no longer have to take mine!Possibly because my eating habits have changed for the better..Dont seem to have a appetite for the things I used to --also looking back, I think I may have used food as a "comfort" thing because I really did not realize how miserable I was feeling physically.When you live with pain and a negative quality of life for so long ,it becomes "normal" to you(you dont know any different)....I did not realize how bad I was untill I got things fixed!! Still amazed every day...But everybody is different

Hope you get feeling better,I know how awful the acid reflux is to deal with....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 10:42 PM
health problems post op

I had acid reflux for many years. I had all kinds of tests done to rule out anything serious such as cancer. The Dr. prescribed Prevacid 2 x's a day which didn't help at all. I did some research on my own and found a "cure". I started taking probiotics everyday and slowly but surely, my awful acid reflux disappeared and I stopped my $7 a day Prevacid habit.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register