Discharge/flow?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Discharge/flow?? Discharge/flow??

Unread 12-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Discharge/flow??

I am wondering how many of you have a "flow" as opposed to a discharge.
I have watery pink/orange flow all the time. Not a huge amount - about a regular period I would guess. No tissue, no clots, no pain.

I didn't have any until day 6 which is when my infection cropped up too. The dr. I saw at ER on day 7 was not concerned and said to expect it for weeks.

My surgeon however had felt I should not have anything there after day 3. I see him again on Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2006, 12:59 PM
tippie41

Hi intune101

I too have started this weird "flow" hadn't had anything until about day 6 also. I called doc and spoke with his nurse. She said it all sounded normal and I am due for my 2 week appt next Thursday. If it stays the same i will ask him them- if not will call sooner. But my belly skin is all the sudden sensitive to the touch- and my BM's are practically non existant. Trying all the hints on this site for that- fingers crossed!
Happy healing and hope all works for you
Unread 12-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Discharge/flow??

Andrea,

Hi! Was reading your post about "flow". I am experiencing the same thing. Today is day 10 and just today it has gotten a little heavier. I was told by my dr to expect it and it should have a slight unpleasant odor, too. I was also told to watch for RED, FRESH blood and/or a REALLY unpleasant odor and if I was doing those things, to go to our ER. I think what we are going through is normal.

For those of us who had our cervix removed, he also advised me to expect another thing with the discharge is small pieces of flesh. Sounds gross, huh? Anyway, this occurs in most cases when the sutures dissolve at the vaginal cuff.

If you are still wondering, get with your dr. I am sure he will answer his pager if you are needing him for whatever reason.

Hope all is well with everyone today.

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Discharge/flow??

Oh Tippie the sensitive belly skin is driving me nuts!!!
In another thread it was described as a sunburn -- EXACTLY! But not red or anything! Sheesh what next??
I really don't need the "small pieces of flesh" Tammy! YUCK
This is more than enough for me to deal with right now!
Unread 12-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Discharge/flow??

It's going to happen anyway....
Unread 12-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Discharge/flow??

hi Intune,

I had a LSH on 10/13 and in the discharge instructions it said I could have discharge at day 10 for 2-3 weeks. It happened (I am SO predictable). That was my experience. It stopped at 3 weeks to the day.
Unread 12-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Discharge/flow??

feelfabulous --- is that because of internal stitches healing?
Unread 12-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Discharge/flow??

You know, I really don't know. I can't recall if the discharge instructions were particular to LSH or if they were general for all hystos. The fluid/discharge was just about clear though and I had to use a tiny little pad.

Hope this helps!
Unread 12-11-2006, 10:21 AM
flow

Hi- reading the replie to this "flow" post. I am concerned still about my discharge. It is not clear and sometimes seems brighter red and fresh- then will be gone and then orange then red again- anyone else have this joyous experience? Also having a constant ache on my right side and pulling feeling. I am really taking it easy which is tough for me. Just walking around upstairs, folding laundry, sitting at desk for short time. Today was my first day out in the car to a store to buy a card for someone-DH drove. Doc appt on Thursday for 2 week checkup.
Had LASH on 11/30- one ovary removed 9 years ago. Still have one left!
Thanks to all- and heres to feeling better-
Unread 12-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Discharge/flow??

My "flow" is different all the time. Sometimes it's literally just running out of me and sometimes just when I wipe. Sometimes it's red/orange and sometimes barely pink.
I would say 'quantity-wise' it's like the last day or two of a normal period.
I get the ache in the side(s). Usually my left is worse.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register