Sleep psisitions after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sleep psisitions after surgery Sleep psisitions after surgery

Unread 09-22-2004, 06:07 AM
Sleep psisitions after surgery

Hi ladies last morning of summer fall begins around noon today!!

Was wondering when I will be able to sleep in any other position than the back? Have tried to sleep on side just does not feel right yet and I am afraid I will tear something, when did most of you start to roll over into new position?

12 days post op TAH - feeling better each new day just cant wait to stretch out once again

Howdy - happy fall - all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2004, 06:15 AM

I've been on my sides since the rolled me into my castle room...the nurse told me to go from side to side (easy for her to say). Something to do with the lungs she said, but hey, I was medicated....so no memory as to the actual why's of it. I do sleep on my sides...it doesn't hurt except when I want to move or get up... ..no really, it is a lot better now...just have to take the moving slowly...I'm 1 week post-op today. I'm a tummy sleeper myself, so I'll be happy when I can get back to that position.

Happy fall to you too...course I live in El Paso and it'll start feeling like fall come Nov or Dec to me.

Luv & Hugs,

Mich
Unread 09-22-2004, 06:55 AM

Each one of us is different. I still cannot sleep in bed. I'm into my 3rd week and I'm still sleeping on the big recliner. I tried the bed with lot of pillows, but couldn't turn over without having a lot of pain. When I got up in the morning, there was a fair amount of blood on my liner.

Hope this helps!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2004, 07:22 AM

I am able to sleep on my side if I put a pillow under my side and sort of between my legs.
I cant wait to be able to sleep on my stomach.

Best Wishes
Linda
Unread 09-22-2004, 10:26 AM

thanks ladies is so good to know I am doing as well as can be expected!!

Unread 09-22-2004, 12:55 PM

Hi, I am a side sleeper and HATE!!!! sleeping on my back. It was OK for the first night as I was stretched out on my back and it felt good. But then the next night I downed two pain killers and went for the side position. Boy did that feel good.

While I was on my back,I had to start out with a pillow under my knees, and work down to the full cat stretch.

Everyone is different.

Thankfully a storm passed over AZ the day I got out and the weather has dropped to a glorious 91f from the unbearable 108f. Enjoying having the windows open at night for the 63f air.

Enjoy your autumn.
Unread 09-22-2004, 04:01 PM

I'm 6 weeks post op today and finally just a few days ago kicked the big ol body pillow out of the bed. I am able to sleep on my stomach again as of this week. I woke up one morning in my usual stretched out side/belly position with my leg cocked up and no pillow. It felt sooo good.
Unread 09-22-2004, 04:26 PM

the night after my surgery I mentioned to nurse that I was a side sleeper and was not sleeping well on my back. She told me that there was no reason I couldn't sleep on my side, and gave me a couple hints on rolling over. It was uncomfortable at first, but once I got the hang of it, it was easy. I am not 9 days post-op and am rolling all over the place. Both sides, back, tummy you name it. I think maybe doing it right away helped. Good Luck to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register