Enlarge Uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Enlarge Uterus Enlarge Uterus

Unread 09-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Enlarge Uterus

Hi All:

Just have some questions.

I had a Laproscopcy done Sept. 15, the doctor didn't do anything but he found a cyst on the right ovary,that he said that didn't look bad enough to take out, and also he said all my pain he thinks is coming from my Uterus which is enlarge. I go back Oct 14 for a 4 week check up, and the doctor said if I'm in pain he would talk to me about taking my Uterus out, so I guess that would just be a partial hyst. SInce my ovaries look fine he'll keep them in there so that doesn't throw me into menopause...thank goodness I just can't understand how your Uterus gets so enlarge?? Also does the Uterus stay enlarge, I read on the net that the Uterus starts to shrink after you go through menopause. So if he does take the Uterus out does this mean no more periods to??

I'm still in pain nothing has changed, so hopefully he'll do something, since the surgery last week he has me taking Perocet, it helps but the pain is still there.

LEt me all know what ya think! Thanks GBU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Enlarge Uterus

Hi HappyAngel

Quote:
Also does the Uterus stay enlarge, I read on the net that the Uterus starts to shrink after you go through menopause.
I'm sorry you are having so much pain. An enlarged uterus may return to normal size after the decline of hormones with menopause. Some women who are close to menopause do decide to "wait it out", but others are unable to.

It might be a good idea to ask your doctor if there are any other alternatives you can try. Some women with painful menstrual cycles find improvement from various types of hormone therapies, the Mirena IUD, or birth control pills etc. It's usually a good idea to get a 2nd opinion too. Make sure you ask all the questions you need to. Write them down so you won't forget. If anything is unclear to you, don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

Here's an article about different Hysterectomy Types

The cervix is part of the uterus, so a "total" hysterectomy means the total uterus (uterus & cervix) is removed.
  Quote:
So if he does take the Uterus out does this mean no more periods to??
You are correct. The menstrual period comes from the uterus when the lining is shed each month; so periods do stop after the uterus is removed.

If the cervix isn't removed it's called a "partial hysterectomy." Although it doesn't happen often, women who keep their cervix (and have at least one functioning ovary) - sometimes experience a "mini-period" from the lining of the cervical canal.

I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes as you decide what's best for *you*.

s ~ Beth

Hysterectomy recommended to you?

Do I need a second opinion?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register