Stressed no Sex drive after TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stressed no Sex drive after TVH Stressed no Sex drive after TVH

Unread 12-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Stressed no Sex drive after TVH

Hello
I am a 32 year old Mom of three had a hysterectomy at 30 was diagonised with cervical cancer at the age of 27.
I went to every doctor possiable 2nd 3rd 4th 5th oppions. I could not belive it was happing to me doctor said the cause was the HPV virus. I've had it for years not noticed.
I had major pelvic pain, Painful intercourse and all the doctors could tell me it was in my head to go see a shrink. I was so mad didnt know what to do. Every doctor told me I had to have a hysterectomy, I refused I thank God I did or I would not have my 2 Little boys. I had difficult pregancey had a cerclarge done cause so much of my cervix had been cut out for Biosopys. total Bed rest and the doctor didnt know if I would make it to term.
With all this behind me I had to have TVH i am depressed, short tempered, I've gained 80 pounds I hate my self, I have no sex drive my husband is angry with me cause of it. I am so blue and I have no Idea what to do. I know I am not the only one who has had this done at an early age. I cant function have no one to talk to about this my doctor said I will get over it, Its in my Head.

I AM SO SICK OF HEARING THAT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 09:52 PM

Hi feelenblue,
I'm just about a month behind you on surgery...sex drive is somewhat decreased, but mostly 'cause I was so concerned about pain (it was painful prior to surgery). Now that I realize that it doesn't hurt (yay) I'm much more relaxed about it! And sometimes even if I'm not immediately "in the mood", once things get started...
A second opinion from another doctor might be helpful.

It also is helping now that I've resumed exercising. I just started about a week ago. I also am overweight, so I do understand how that makes you feel. Are you in an area where you can start walking every day? I'm using an exercise bike (too much snow on the roads and no sidewalks) and am starting to see an increase in my energy levels.
Maybe we can start a "Let's lose some pounds" thread!

TAH/BSO
Unread 12-18-2005, 09:56 PM

first are u on any hrt? if not it would be something to consider. did u keep your ovaris? hrt has STARTED to make a difference to me. granted i only had my tah three months ago. hubby has been very understanding during this time. also i can completely understand not liking yourself due to the weight gain. the first thing u need to do is to like yourself again. if u cant be comfy with who u are then how can u expect others to feel comfy? i cant go into specifics here but believe me i have been there not liking myself. anti depressants have helped. but the greatest help has been accepting myself for who i am. and once i started having the i like myself attitude my whole world changed! again i say my hubby has been there. he has told me he loves me no matter what. i can count myself lucky. i am 40 years old and am 5 feet 5 inches tall and weigh 185 pounds on A GOOD DAY. my hubby loves me as do my kids. but most of all i love myself. my motto is :I AM WHO I AM!!! so get over it!!!!!!!!!!! im sorry i forgot to add: thank the good lord for the two beautiful beings u and your hubby added to this world. makes life worth while dont they? my three plus a girlfriend of the oldest who lives with us sure do! god bless our children. i would have given up a long time ago if it werent for them!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register