12days today and I tanked..not sure why | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12days today and I tanked..not sure why 12days today and I tanked..not sure why

Unread 04-22-2006, 10:18 PM
12days today and I tanked..not sure why

Okay, today I just tanked. I do not know what has happened to me. I had my surgery on the 10th and so far things have been okay. I have had the gas, constipation, and all the other symptoms. I have had a low grade fever (avg. 99.2) in the evenings but all in all have done well. The last day I went anywhere was Wednesday, I went to my son's baseball game. Didnt overdo it at all. I have been resting up for today as I was supposed to help at a fund raiser tonight. I woke up extrememly tired and went down hill from there. I was in a lot of constipation/gas pain and I took 6oomg of Ibuprofen. Didnt help. A few hours later I took 800mg of Ibuprofen. That didnt help. I also had a really bad headache all day. By 3:00PM I was shaking, very chilled and headache even worse. My temp was 99.1. Within 2 hours my temp shot up to 102.7 and the headache was overwhelming. I went to bed and couldnt get comfortable. I didnt want to take the Vicodin as it is constipating and I was having problems there already. I was also very nauseous, which I have not had any of that at all. I finally couldnt take it anymore and took one Vicodin. I fell asleep and was awaken by someone rudely blasting their car horn. When I woke up I was soaking wet with sweat but my headache and nausea was gone. I was hungry so my friend brought over a choc. malt and some fried zuchini. Its been more then 2 hours since I woke up and I feel better. Not 100 percent but much much better. I felt a bit shakey for a while after I ate. I took my temp a little while ago and it was 97.7.
I tried to call my docs office. No one available. No on call doc. The answer machine said if its an emergency call 911 otherwise leave a message and someone will get back to me by 10am Monday. I thought someone had to be on call at all times. I didnt want to go to the ER for I knew I would be sitting there for 2 hours atleast.
I just wish I could understand what happened. Why did I tank like that? Where did the fever and nausea come from? And the terrible headache. Now that I think about it I have had this headache since yesterday. And why didnt all that Ibuprofen take care of it? I will try calling my doc again tomorrow or even call the hosp. and see if there is an on call doc I can talk to. I just cant believe this happened. I hope there arent many, or any, days like this ahead.
Sorry this is so long but I had to get this out. No one else to talk to about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 12:01 AM

Sounds like an infection "hit you." I'm glad to see your temp went back down to normal. I would call your doc again. Someone HAS to be on call. If you get no response, do you have a walk in and/or urgent care near by? The wait may be less than an ER. Do you have a primary care doc you could call? If it "hits" you again, I'd go to the ER or Urgent Care. If you feel MUCH better, I'd wait and see until I could reach my own doc. I'd also take it easy and rest until I spoke to someone. I hope this helps. Let us know what happens.........

Unread 04-23-2006, 06:43 AM

My thoughts are exactly what Chardenay said.

Let us know happens.

Don't hesitate to go to ER or Urgent Treatment Cnter if your temp' gets that high again.

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2006, 07:38 AM

I needed help when I was worried and called the hospital where I had my surgery and was going to just talk to a nurse and they paged my dr and she called me in like 2 minutes or less....I was very impressed. You might try that. good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register