Has anyone had 2 surgeries within 3 or 4 months of eachother? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had 2 surgeries within 3 or 4 months of eachother? Has anyone had 2 surgeries within 3 or 4 months of eachother?

Unread 07-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Has anyone had 2 surgeries within 3 or 4 months of eachother?

I had a choc cyst removed on 5-9-06 abdominally. Now I have a 5cm cyst on my right ovary and a 2.5 cm cyst on my left ovary. I dont know what there gonna do to take care of this. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this ?

Thanks , Sherrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2006, 09:53 AM

Well I had my womb removed last year July 14th and just about two weeks later I was bad in hospital. One of my atreries in my vergina burst and I was bleeding nearly to death. But thank God for the brilliant staff at my local hospital, who performed an emergency operation to fix it, I also had to have a blood transfusion. Bumble you just have to take things as they come, I'm sure all will be well in the end. DOnt worry too much therse things happen
Unread 07-11-2006, 10:19 AM

I had two lumpectomies two different years and same week I hemorrhaged each time and had emergency surgery afterwards..it lengthened recoverytime for sure, but I was glad to be okay. When I had my ablation I ended up having my gallbladder out the same time ..again longer recovery, but atleast it was at teh same time!. a bout a week after having my second child I had a surprise surgery as well! I am sorry you ran into this situation. I have had some other interesting medical situations....I take them as they come and struggle thru frustrated as I might be. Grateful In many ways too. I wish you well !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2006, 10:28 AM

6 years ago I had an appy lappy (appendix out) and then 30 days later an ovary and tube removed via laparoscopy. The 2nd time was much easier because I had just gone thru it recently and knew exactly how my body can handle the recovery process. Good luck to you!
Unread 07-11-2006, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the replies... I'm just freaked out abit.... I had my surgery on 5-9-06 ....then two weeks ago I passed a kidney stone ... now i find out I have these cyst....I'm also scared to be without my ovaries and the whole HRT thing . I dont know if they would want to put me on the HRT if I have endo....I'm just ready for it all to be over with....
I'm so glad I found this site... There's so much info and everyone is so nice and helpful....

Thanks again and take care Sherrie
Unread 07-11-2006, 02:47 PM

Yes, on 3/27 I had an ablation.

On 5/10 I had a SAH.

I hope the surgeries are finished.
Unread 07-11-2006, 03:03 PM

yes I had lavh with bso on 3/1/06 then cuff repair 7/5/06. No fun
Unread 07-11-2006, 06:21 PM

Yes, I had an endometrial ablasion plus a D&C end of Jan. They didn't work. So I had the NovaSure procedure middle of Feb. It didn't work at all.

Then I had a SAH 6/27.

I have never had so many surgeries in such a short time.
Unread 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM

Hyster in December 05 and gallbladder April 06. Dr. said it would lengthen the recovery time for sure on both.
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:20 PM

Yes, I had the hysterectomy and then 5 days later another surgery to repair a torn ureter and put a stent in place. Then, 5 weeks later, a cystoscopy to remove the stent. Not pleasant at all, but 6 months later, I feel great! There is hope.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register