a new date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-10-2002, 01:31 PM
a new date

hey thanks for the great advice and help, but now i have a new date. they had a cancellation so my new date is Jan. 23. thats even sooner which i guess is good cause not as long to be scared. But now the time is closer more to do in less time. Thanks for being such good support. Oh yeah the Dr. said he will be doing a tvh. I go for pre-op tomorrow so will let you know everything tomorrow night.

Littlebear (Sherrei)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 01:54 PM
Hi Sherrei!

Sooner is better when you are doing the waiting game. Less time to get things done but hey just do them twice as fast . As if we have time to do them fast to begin with. Keep us informed on what the DR tells you. God Bless. Here are a few little things for company.
Unread 01-10-2002, 01:55 PM
a new date

Hi Sherrei,

I understand how you're feeling about the time frame to get everything done. I was told in November I had to have mine, which was scheduled for December5th. I felt a lot of pressure to get everything done, including all the Christmas shopping! Guess what? I got most of it done. What didn't get done, waited on me or someone else did it. It all worked out and now I have the surgery behind me. Just think of your date being moved closer as being able to get yours behind you sooner. Plus, you'll have less of that hardest part...the waiting!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Hi Sherrei - wanna be buddies?

I have my surgery scheduled for the 21st. I'm getting to be more of a wreck the closer it gets. Sigh. I'm trying to get it all done... all in order, house cleaned, etc.

And I'm soooooo tired. are you?

Kat
Unread 01-10-2002, 02:08 PM
a new date

You are so lucky you don't have to wait long. I found out I needed the hysterectomy a few days after Thanksgiving, and would have scheduled the surgery right away, but my husband has set up a disney vacation for our family this week coming up and I didn't want to be still recovering from surgery while we're there. I almost wish I had gotten it done already though. The wait is making me nuts with wondering about it all all the time, and I just started my period, so I'll be gushing while we're there and when I'm like that, activity actually makes it worse. Funfun. As far as all you need to get done. I had surgery last year, I knew I'd be able to do nothing for over 2 weeks, so I cleaned and organized and got everything perfect, but with husband taking over with the kids, in 2 days, all my hard work was for naught. House was a mess, and I didn't care. I'm not going to go crazy getting everything perfect this time. Just do the regular stuff and hubby can take over from there. I'll do some mega organizing and cleaning this spring when I'm feeling good again.
Unread 01-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Thanks!!

Great advice but I know my oldest (15 yo girl) will get the brunt of stuff and I'd at least like to help her out. I also have a surprise trip planned for her - friends are taking her to Disney in march/april) to reward her. I am very familiar with the dynamics of this family and I KNOW how things will shake out.

sigh. I'm kinda glad I don't have to think a lot about this. I made this decision based on my heart and what my gut was telling me to do - and went with that. I've been chasing a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis for 7 yrs now and I've learned to listen to my *insides* and let them dictate things. It's never served me wrong.

The MS thing is a long story - but I am not in doubt of this. I'm just afraid to be alone so much for my recovery. I have little family to help.

kat
Unread 01-10-2002, 07:03 PM
a new date

Thanks for the great advice. I have been waiting since Sept. for my surgery. I don't have ins. and can't get any cause of the breast cancer. So i had to wait for some help to pay for my surgery and the money finally came in. i was nervous and scared before but now that they have it scheduled it is 100% worse. I have a 15 year old son at home so he will help out alot. My daughter who is married and has a baby and expecting in may will help when she can. I just want it to be over with. hope you will keep me posted on everything with you nutsy.
Unread 01-12-2002, 12:55 AM
update

Hey all, I went for my pre-op visit with gyn yesterday. He is going to try and do a tvh/bso leaving the left ovary if possible. he said he really hated to send me into menopause at so early an age (40) because of the breast cancer I can not take any HRT. He said I would have a really hard time with menopause. but he also said if he thinks it needs to come out he will take it out. I have 1 question. When the dr did exam he said my uterus was spongy. Does any one know what that means? He didnt really explain. He just said it shouldnt be a problem doing tvh. but if he couldnt do tvh he would do tah. Thanks for the great support here I don't think I would make it through without all you great ladies. My surgery is scheduled for 8:30 on theJan. 23rd so I am glad it is early.

Littlebear (Sherrei)
Unread 01-12-2002, 10:05 AM
I'll keep a good thought for you Sherrei...

My surgery (TAH) is 2 days before yours.

Hugs! We'll catch up after our visits to the castle. Promise!!

You're also welcome to email me.

Kat
Unread 01-12-2002, 06:46 PM
a new date

Littlebear, I don't know much about this stuff, but I do know that a spongy uterus can indicate adenomyosis. I don't know what else it could indicate. If it's adenomyosis, though, I don't know why that would eliminate vaginal - I'm having an LAVH.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register