Scheduled TAH Totally Not Feelin' It Today Sisters. Need Support! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Totally Not Feelin' It Today Sisters. Need Support! Totally Not Feelin' It Today Sisters. Need Support!

Unread 03-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Totally Not Feelin' It Today Sisters. Need Support!

Hi All,

I am 2 weeks and 1 day Pre-Op and in the throws of my last period. I have no more vacation/sick days and feel so terrible today.

I'm super crampy and really tired. I am so bloated and uncomfortable I almost spent a fortune last night on maternity jeans so I don't have to be suffocated by buttons and zippers.

I have a pinched nerve in my neck which causes me horrendous pain in my left ring finger all the time. I was going to Acupuncture which was really really working so phenomenally well, but then I had to stop because I couldn't exactly lay on a table for an hour when I flood every 10 minutes! So now all the hard work and progress is gone and I'm back to square one there. And it really sucks.

Well, my pity party for one is over now. Just needed to vent a bit.

Good luck to all the sisters going in and speedy recovery to everyone on the other side!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Re: Totally Not Feelin' It Today Sisters. Need Support!

I'm sorry.

Try caffeine! Coffee gets me through my really bad periods. It helps with the fatigue, headaches, and I think it even seems to help my cramps.

My last period was horrid because I was supposed to have my hysterectomy the following week and was told not to take anything for the pain. They ended up rescheduling me, so I spent a week curled up with my heating pad, completely nonfunctional for no reason. About all you can do at this point is Tylenol and caffeine.

I feel ya on the pants situation. I have a larger size panty and pants that I wear each month when I'm on my period or the pressure on my uterus is unbearable.

At this point I'm thankful for my bad periods. It gives me the reassurance that this surgery is something I need to stop putting off. I'm looking forward to a beach vacation with my family this summer without fear that Aunt Flo will crash the party.
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM

Hi Abagayle,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know why I expected this period to be less intense than any other. I really truly can't wait to be done with this.

I really try to avoid caffeine because it kicks my soda urges into overdrive and I'm trying to cut it out completely (it's a battle lol.) I would do coffee but it upsets my stomach so badly. I might look for chocolate covered espresso beans

I feel the same way about all of the discomfort being a reminder of how I'm making the right decision for me and just have to get through it!

with your surgery and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Caffeine huh?....ill have to try that! Although like luvmyhubs, coffee upsets my stomach too, but I have nooooo problems with soda!

I share your venting! My discomfort is so intense today. I cant call out of work anymore because of my lack if "sick time". Im facing a possible termination at my job because im not eligible for fmla for my 8 wks off for my TLH....ugggh!
I just cant wait for this to be over. Oftentimes I wonder if ive made the right choice. But after days like today I wonder why I hadnt done it sooner.

What is your date? Mine is 9
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM

I am 2 weeks post op. I just wanted to share that my recovery hasn't been as bad as the horrible periods I was having. It is still surgery recovery, but I knew the first week my body felt better than it had in years! I hope easy, speedy recoveries for all of you!
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:36 PM

I hear you Lovemyhubs... I, too, am feeling so big and heavy. And sleep? If I actually slept, I'm sure I would dream about sleeping.
But just think, your LAST PERIOD!!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!

It seems like so far away...
You'll have to keep us updated...you are heading in on the 5th, just four days before Bittersweets and I on the 9th....
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:17 AM

I definitely will keep you ladies updated. Knowing I am not alone in all this has really saved my sanity!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register