Feeling BLAH and it's affecting all aspects of my life | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling BLAH and it's affecting all aspects of my life Feeling BLAH and it's affecting all aspects of my life

Unread 01-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Feeling BLAH and it's affecting all aspects of my life

Hello Sisters!
I had a partial hysterectomy on November 18th and thought things were going pretty good. I took 4 weeks off work-well kinda off work-I worked at home responding to emails. I have a high stress level desk job - new in the position- so I felt like I had to make sure things were being done! I went back to work half days (my kids were joking around and said mom's half days means she works 8 hours instead of her usual 12!) for the first week and now am back to full time. Only thing is I feel so lost and not sure which mountain of work to tackle first! about two weeks ago, I ended up with a pretty bad bladder infection and they discovered a new cyst on my left ovary (doctor removed one during my surgery on the same ovary).
So now I feel like I am back to square one- in pain and miserable. I try to put on a happy face and get through each day but it is so hard- I just want this all to be done with and to back to "ME". I don't know which way to turn anymore-I feel like I need more time off work but my husband doesn't work so it is up to me to work. i feel overwhelmed with all the work I have to catch up on along with my typical daily tasks. There have been days I go into the office and spend the first 15 minutes looking at my computer and not knowing which mountain to tackle first! I have a great boss but I am sure her patience will not last long with me feeling like this.
My poor husband has been great- tries to be understanding but he doesn't get how I feel- and to be honest sometimes I don't know how I feel.
I don't sleep well because of the pain on my left side and constantly feeling uncomfortable. My doctor said she would do another ultra sound on Feb 5th to see how the cyst is doing - can I really put up with this discomfort for another month!
Sorry for venting but I really have no one to talk to about these feelings-I know that we all have different recovery stories and the like, but I feel like everyone here has "been there...done that" and can understand more than others.
Hugs to each of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Re: Feeling BLAH and it's affecting all aspects of my life

I'm sorry you are still having problems. I understand the "blah". Dealt with it for about 7 months. It does get better. I'm not exactly sure when or how it got better. I just woke up one morning and decided I had had enough.

What I don't understand is if a cyst is found on the ovary during surgery, why wouldn't the ovary be removed to prevent future cysts? I really don't know, that's why I'm asking. I have also heard cysts can re-absorb themselves. Don't know if that is the case with yours, but I hope so.

Please keep us updated and I'm wishing you the best!!!
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Vent away! Feeling overwhelmed is something we've all felt. It's difficult to realize and reorganize life after surgery. I know personally I was always thinking of the next thing that had to be done and could never, ever leave a dish or crumb on the floor. I worked about 48 hours a week as a toddler teacher and took care of not just my 16 year old daughter, but my mom who has several medical issues. It's so hard to release that fear of never getting it all done, or never getting back to normal. For me, personally, I am still healing from the hysterectomy and wound infection post surgery and have to prepare for chemo. It's ridiculous because just doing the dishes now is a major accomplishment for me! My point is, take it one step at a time. Love yourself and pat yourself on the back for each tiny thing you've completed. When you're overwhelmed, speak up. Lose the fear! Step by step you can do this! The hardest thing, I think, for women is to release those expectations and that feeling of being superwoman. You can definitely still be superwoman even if you can't physically tear through work related stuff as quick right now. Focus on your kids, your life, happy moments. Take a breath and breathe it in!! Sending you hugs and positivity!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2014, 10:22 AM

Thanks Ladies
I appreciate the kind words and inspiration
Larell-I send positive thoughts and prayers for you with chemo treatments.
Petrified-I am not sure why they didn't take it out the first time either especially when they had to remove a cyst while they were doing the hysterectomy. needless to say, it is just another hill to get over

I am taking one day at a time and one task at a time. Keeping a positive attitude needs to be my top priority and knowing that there are sisters/women who have experienced the same feelings is more helpful than you can know.

have a great day and THANKS again
love Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register