Any one ever take Anaprox?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any one ever take Anaprox?? Any one ever take Anaprox??

Unread 05-08-2001, 03:09 AM
Any one ever take Anaprox??

Is that an anti-inflamitory?? Does it help with cramping,and bleeding?? Any dangers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2001, 03:35 PM

I started on Anaprox, pre-surgery, for the pain I was living in. Needed to move up to something stronger so I could function at work. Had some of the side effects, needed a pain med that did not make me sleepy or loopy.
Unread 05-09-2001, 02:07 PM

I have friends who swear by it for menstrual cramps. I could never take it because I would get abdominal distress almost as soon as I took it. That's strange for me because ibuprofen doesn't bother me and I've taken prescription antiinflamatories like Daypro and Celebrex with no problems. If you try it, you might want to do it on a day that you don't have a lot going on or are close to home just in case you have the same reaction I always did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2001, 09:21 PM

I lived on that for years too for my endo. My major complaint with it was the stomach upset -- be sure you take it with food! I learned that lesson the hard way...
Unread 05-10-2001, 11:09 AM

I tried it about 2 years ago and it gave me ulcers in my mouth! Can't imagine what it was doing to my stomach! Ibuprofen works best for me, but I take the prescription dose, 800 mg.,4 otc pills, by recommendation of my DD. It works well. Sue
Unread 05-10-2001, 07:26 PM
Anaprox

I have been on the Super (550) anaprox for years- I swear by it. It does help with the bleeding just a bit, take it with food and with 1 vicodin and you will almost forget you have cramps.
I am now taking it for post op pain and it is a life saver. It was THE ONLY thing that worked for me.
Unread 05-11-2001, 02:07 PM

I took the maximum dose of naproxen (Anaprox) with my periods for years and years: 1000 mg every 8 hours. Finally my tummy couldn't take it, even with food. Then I added 1.5 GRAMS of an amino acid supplement, L-Glutamine, available from Puritan's Pride or GNC. It really helped with the gastrointestinal side effects.

Funny thing, when I was a teenager and had killer menstrual pain, my doctor gave me Anaprox and was surprised it didn't work for me, as I was "too young" for endometriosis. haha. The dosage? 220 mg. once a day.
Unread 05-14-2001, 11:06 AM

I took anaprox for a long time.I never found any relief with it. It is supposed to work great. I still have some at home that the doctor prescribed years ago.
Unread 05-14-2001, 11:42 AM
Anaprox

I think it is like anything else. Everyones experience is different. I use it for menstrual pain and thats all. It worked better tham advil and did not cause stomach upset in me. I have used it since I was 19 and I am 41 now. I take on my doctors instructions 1 every 6-8 hours and was told to start out with taking 2 to get it in my system. It cuts down tremendously on clots and yes it does cut down on bloodflow. Not only is it an anti -inflammitory but it is a progesterone INHIBITOR. This keeps the uterus from producing progesterone and stops cramps before they stop. I found tremendous relief in this. It is the only thing that worked for me. See
my post under the pre-op message board about early periods and how old were you when you started. Hope
this helps. P.S. I take this for the first 4 days
of my cycle.
Unread 05-15-2001, 08:07 AM

i have and with no problems. I just began taking Celebrex (anti-inflam) and let me say WOW! While it has relieved only a slight bit of the pain I am experiencing (prolapse uterus, vagina, and bladder as well as endo) nothing else to this point has. It is a prescription, but for those of us who cannot be drugged up or prefer not to be, I would say to ASK you doc. It cannot hurt. Also it is not supposed to effect your clotting ability if you are waiting on surgery...Kelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register