Does Lupron help adenomyosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does Lupron help adenomyosis? Does Lupron help adenomyosis?

Unread 11-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Does Lupron help adenomyosis?

I have been reading research on adeno. I have found many stories where they say lupron helps for endo but no adeno.
Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 03:33 PM

I have read some suggestions of trying it... since GnRH agonists cause cessation of the periods and associated menstrual cramping it should provide symptom relief. I had adenomyosis, endometriosis and fibroids, and did feel better while I was on lupron. It was only a temporary fix though. I was miserable again when it wore off, but it sure was nice while it lasted.

Endo/Adeno resource links

Unread 11-24-2007, 07:02 PM

I took lupron injections for 5 months to help with anema and fibroids. It was a blessing for me,even though I gained some weight. It helped while I took them but I am now preparing for a hyst(TAH) in a week and a half. I was hospitilized last April and was given 4 pints of blood.The months I took the injections allowed me to build up my blood so I would be able to safely have the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 04:13 PM

I took it many years ago for endo, and definately liked the results. Now, I have ando, and my dr. suggested it as a possible option, but like the others have said, it's only a temporary fix. My doc says he gives his patients Lupron when he needs to "buy time" before a surgery if they're very anemic or for some other reason.
Unread 11-25-2007, 08:08 PM

Thanks for all the replys. Unfortunately, I seemed to have gotten the least common side effects - general pain in my abdomen and very bad vaginal discomfort so I have not opted to go through with my third shot - it's too hard trying to figure out where this pain came from. My uterus didn't hurt two weeks ago and now the last few days it has so I don't even know if the lupron really worked!!
Monica
Unread 11-25-2007, 08:54 PM

i had andeno the luron company sasy it only has a 50% chance of lessing the symptoms and it is temproary and cant be used for long Lupron is hard on the body i would sugest going to the company web site and actualy read the pamplet on there satistics befor taking it .. just my thought
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi MonLee,
Sounds like the pain is coming and going. I had alot of pain (I had PID, not Adeno) before my surgery. I also had all sorts of gastrointestinal issues similar to IBS (caused by the adhesions not by IBS). I found a few things that took the edge off of some of the symptoms. I took peppermint oil capsules (you can find those at a health-food store) for general stomach pain. The peppermint did seem to make its way down to my pelvic area, so was helpful for taking the edge off the pain down there. The peppermint was great for the gastrointestinal symptoms too, such as gas. My gastrointestinal symptoms before my surgery were awful. Very painful gas, bloating, constipation, and sometimes diarrhea. Probiotics really helped with those symptoms. I used Bio-K Plus (made in Canada ). They have a liquid form and capsule form (found in health food stores). I've used both and I like both. Gas-X and Lactaid can also be helpful when dealing with gastrointestinal issues. Heating pads are a must for stomach pain and help to relax stomach muscles. Be sure to pamper yourself and get lots of rest. -- Laura
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:08 AM

Laura,
The pain pretty much is always there - it just decreases in intensity. A few months ago I pretty much could say that it was definitely from my uterus - would get horrible stabbing pains and at times it even hurt to walk. Since I have been on this lupron, these wierd side effects I mentioned above seem to make the pain harder to find. Two weeks it did not hurt for sex, last night I had pain - always at the top of my uterus!!
Lisa,
I had also phoned TAP and found out this lupron only works 50% of the time - I was quite surprised as it seems to work for so many women on this board.

I have been to a gastro guy, my pelvic CT was normal, my lap was normal. I am starting to think adeno may be what it is!!

What in heck do I do????

Monica
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:38 PM

Hi MonLee,
I know what the constant pain is like. It's enough to drive you crazy. The unknowns make it even more difficult.
What do you want to do? What are you comfortable doing at this point? What are your instincts telling you? We're here to listen. I hope we can help. -- Laura
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Laura,
The majority of the time it tells me it is my uterus. I am always to get my intestines to settle down. I just started the peppermint oil capsules and they seem to work great. The pain has gotten a bit better on the lupron so that is telling me something. The pain is always in the same place - in the middle about two inches above my pubic bone. That has been where it always has been. When I press in and down that is the pain - everything seems to point to my uterus!! I was reading a report on adeno and it says it can affect the muscle up to the belly button and that is where I have pain also. When I started the birth control pill in August, the bloating that I had had forever went away - which also indicates hormones. The other thing I learnt yesterday was that your intestines was behind your uterus so when I press on this area it must be my uterus. I am going to my GP on Thursday and taking his finger and saying Look - this is were the pain is - what am I pressing on. If he says uterus then it's a done deal!! I will be reschedule my hyster. I only want to rule out IC though as so many women on these boards have had that also.
My symptoms have been:
Tender uterus when examined (not excruciating) but I could feel it. When I had the vaginal US, I felt so sore afterwards.
Vaginal burning and stabbing pains.
Periods getting heavier and last one was mostly clotting.
Bloating.
Constant pain - tylenol and percocet don't take it away.

Adeno is looking more and more like the culprit!

Monica

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register