Has anyone else had this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone else had this? Has anyone else had this?

Unread 08-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Has anyone else had this?

I woke up the other night in terrible pain. It was in my crotch for lack of a better word to describe the area right now. It was like there was pressure and it was hard to tell if it was vaginal or rectal, but it was intense. I had to get up and take some pain medicine. It took it a while to ease enough for me to go back to sleep. This is the second time I have had it happen.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced it and might have an idea what might cause it.

Thanks, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2004, 01:37 PM

I had that happen as well before my surgery and I think that it might have been caused from my utrus being enlarged I don't know for sure but after you have your surgery it will go away isn't that wonderful!
Unread 08-14-2004, 01:39 PM

Yes I have had that. It was those pains that led me to the discovery of my prolapse. The pain was so bad that it woke me in the middle of the night. Horrible!!!!! Good luck to you! I wish you luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2004, 06:28 PM

Hi rita,

If it felt like someone trying to do something very unpleasant to you with a broomhandle, and trying to make a new hole in between the ones already there - I used to get that !!

Never found out what it was, and it didn't happen at night necessarily for me , but would take my breath away it hurt so much .. !
Unread 08-14-2004, 08:21 PM

Oh my gosh! You just described ME a couple of weeks ago! I never did find out what the cause was, but I had about 4 days of on and off INTENSE pain in the pelvic area. It felt like I was in labor and the baby's head was about to emerge!

My 3 mo. Lupron shot should have been wearing off about that time, and I wasn't sure if the cramping was caused by my ovaries coming back to life, or if I had ruptured something straining with constipation. (Constipation was a HUGE problem for me the last few weeks before my surgery. I think the fibroids may have been pressing on the bowel.)

I knew that my TVH was coming in just a few days so when the pain went away I just didn't worry about it any more.
Unread 08-15-2004, 08:02 AM
The aliens have been given their eviction notice

Funny how misery loves company isn't it? Thanks for sharing that I am not alone. I am going to ask my dr on Tues. if he has any ideas just because I am curious.
I am counting on the hyst fixing whatever is going on in there. I saw the other day somewhere on here the little line that the aliens have been given their eviction notice! I love that. I had thought of it just that way too-like there is some alien force in there doing who knows what.

Have a great day! Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register